Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:32:12 PM EDT
What is the supposed "receiver gap" in the Vector Arms built series of AK47s, and which models include this "feature?"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
when the safety is engaged, there is a gap between the safety and the receiver cover.  ive seen several vectors at shows with this, im not sure if its on specific models or what...i havent heard that much lately about this problem, maybe it was resolved?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
When most people talk about the "gap", they are referring to a gap between selector switch and receiver cover.  This gap is created from the selector switch being installed too low on the receiver.  Not a big issue.

However, on OOW/ITM Receivers, another gap can sometimes be found.  This gap is more serious because either the rear trunnion or something was not put in right, which causes a gap between the back of the cover and the rear of the receiver.  A difference of 1/8th of an inch.  What this means is that the when the cover is locked in, it can still be moved back and forth.  When firing with this gap, the cover can be jarred loose opening up the receiver.

However, Vectors have a 5yr Warranty so its no big deal to fix the major gap, I dont think they will fix the selector gap though?  Not sure havent asked.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Vector with OOW/ITN receiver.  See the gap:
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:48:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I have read that an E German selector is shaped as to make the gap less noticeable.  I ordered one and will post pictures when I get it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine has the selector/receiver cover gap too - doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have read that an E German selector is shaped as to make the gap less noticeable.  I ordered one and will post pictures when I get it.

Yes, It did make less of a gap with the E German selector on my polish underfolder.

However, it did not totaly eliminate the gap. Your results my vary.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top