Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2006 11:14:33 AM EDT
Is there a non-folding skeleton stock the looks like the 74 folder on the market?  One that fits in a normal rear trunion is what I'm looking for.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
FSE did offer U.S. made fixed stocks that had the appearance of the AK-74 side folder. This was before the Assault Weapons ban expired. FSE had three models: one for the Chinese receiver, one for the European AKM receiver and one for the Bulgarian (milled) receiver. The earlier versions were made of metal, the later versions were made of polymer. FSE's website is at www.fseusa.com/. The stocks are not listed on the website, but a call for availability may be worth it.
Also RPB USA did carry and offer a lot of FSE product. I think the telephone number for RPB is 800-858-0809.

Harlan
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Harlan. I'm aware of the FSE skeleton stocks. I did email FSE about an angle cut Chinese/Egytian AK I have, they have no more in stock. I've posted WTB ads on sevral forums, no luck so far.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
a pity there aren't more of them, they have a sweet look and i wouldn't mind having one- especially in wood.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont think FSE makes them any longer. I have 2 and both are on preban Chinese AKs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
YES! Thanks Mak! You da man!

Rats! Made out of black nylon. FSE stocks were made of aluminum. That's what I'm looking for.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't seen any made of metal for awhile.  I do have access to them through a gunshow dealer if he still has them, but I don't think I will be at a show he is at until the end of the month.  They would cost more than the ones in that ad as they would be the metal ones.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Mak, I'd appreciate you looking for me. I'l gladly pay for a metal non-folding Krink-style stock.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#9]
plastic FSE stock...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Mak, I'd appreciate you looking for me. I'l gladly pay for a metal non-folding Krink-style stock.

JoeLad

I can check but the next gunshow is at the end of the month.  Euro or Chinese?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
plastic FSE stock...

Do the plastic ones seem solid/sturdy?  They don't look bad.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#12]
on a 5.45 they do since the recoil is minimal- but I dont know if I would try them on a 7.62......... I have this one and then a back-up one in storage just in case.. I am thinking about getting an original folder though and putting Russian laminate on this one to make it look more authentic...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JoeLad

I can check but the next gunshow is at the end of the month.  Euro or Chinese?

Chinese, please.

JoeLad
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top