Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2006 10:21:24 AM EDT
What's the difference that would justify $399.00 vs. $559.00?  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought atlantic firearms yugo folder when the yugo kits first came around last year (640$). My bore was in  perfect condition and built on a greenlight arms reciever (with correct fit for yugo trunion). I know alot of the Yugo kits had a poor condition bore. Atlantic had the best pick of the batch. Call Blaine and ask him what reciever their Yugo is built on and what the Bore condition is like.

I dont know how Century does their yugos. I would first ask Century if there yugos have correct trunion fit to reciever. And ask how they would rate the bore. They might use new bores that don't match the kit. Someone here knows knows more than me about the Century yugo. I have never seen one in person. I think they use DCI recievers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The Century Yugo AK's M70AB2's are made with a DC Industries receiver and a new barrel.  We can't seem to stock them fast enough for the demand.   I am not sure what Atlantic's  are made from but I do know Blaine and I'm sure the quality is top notch.

Lois Luttrell
Centerfire Systems, Inc.
Bluebroker.com
[email protected]
800-915-3346
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Lois. Are your rifles able to accept the Yugo bayonette and are they chrome lined?

Thanks,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Century Yugo AK's M70AB2's are made with a DC Industries receiver and a new barrel.  We can't seem to stock them fast enough for the demand.   I am not sure what Atlantic's  are made from but I do know Blaine and I'm sure the quality is top notch.

Lois Luttrell
Centerfire Systems, Inc.
Bluebroker.com
[email protected]
800-915-3346

What about the AK with RPK length barrel?  New barrel???
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I gather, Atlantic sells hand-picked kits that have been built by a different builder (not CAI or its sub-contractors).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Team member discount.

Talk to blain Atlantic Firearms  , tell him your a member here.  I got my SA-M 7 R from him.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent an email to Atlantic with my member name and post count and was given the same price that appears on their advertisements in the EE section.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]
CFS will also give you member perks. I ordered one of ther CAI Yugos and they through in some stuff not listed on their website ad.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, the atlantic aks were hand picked from Centerfire. The barrels were non chromed Yugo barrels. Centerfire is now using US made barrels. Non chromed barrels are supposed to be a little more accurate. They also take a little more care.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#10]
So the Atlantic's are the "cream of the crop" of the CIA rifles?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So the Atlantic's are the "cream of the crop" of the CIA rifles?

I would say yes. They are matching # with original Yugo barrel. The Centerfire AKs have NEW barrel. I dont know if Blaine still has the cream of the crop e-mail him and ask. I know the one I got had perfect bore.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:28:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top