Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:03:29 AM EDT
Check SOG I believe that is where they came from. I went to Ft. Worth today with about 3k to spend and they decide they want to start fucking me today. I've read that they use double pricing sometimes and today it finally happend to me. Went to buy a P-64, K-31, M92 kit, Beretta kit, Romy kit, a couple of enfields, and possibly a luger and an assload of ammo. Any way I noticed the price difference on the K-31 and asked if they would sell it for the internet price and after a bunch of bs I put it back and walked out. Drove to the ammo depot bought a k-31 and unissued nagant pistol for the same price MGS wanted for the same condition rifle. So in conclusion they lost another customer. Sorry for the poor line on the P-64's try someone else.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the closest things out right now though. I figured it would make a nice addition to peoples polish collections like quarterbore.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a Makarov by a long shot.  Not a bad price if I could get one at wholesale price I might pick one up, but what is the retail price?  I can get a PA-63 at $139.95 retail right now if I wanted another handgun in 9x18 that wasn't a real Makarov.

A good place to look for Makarovs is on gunboards where they have Slim Tim's Makarov Trader.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one from a local dealer a couple weeks ago. Closer to a Walther than a Mak. But it shoots the Mak ammo. Locally was $195 including an extra mag, taxes and fees. Pristine condition. The DA trigger pull is about 30 pounds. (It's bad!) I plan to get the lighter mainspring for mine. Easy fix. Other than that is a really great little gun. SA is very smooth and light. Very smooth physically and compact. Dead accurate at 30 feet at the range. I had one failure to feed in each of the first two clips of ammo. (Wolf.) After that it ran like a watch. Very easy gun to shoot well. I've got 200 rounds through mine now. It was initially printing dead on vertically and about 4" to the left of point of aim. Drifted the rear sight over just a smidge and now it's just right.
I'd like to get another just to put it away for someday.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got one from a local dealer a couple weeks ago. Closer to a Walther than a Mak. But it shoots the Mak ammo. Locally was $195 including an extra mag, taxes and fees. Pristine condition. The DA trigger pull is about 30 pounds. (It's bad!) I plan to get the lighter mainspring for mine. Easy fix. Other than that is a really great little gun. SA is very smooth and light. Very smooth physically and compact. Dead accurate at 30 feet at the range. I had one failure to feed in each of the first two clips of ammo. (Wolf.) After that it ran like a watch. Very easy gun to shoot well. I've got 200 rounds through mine now. It was initially printing dead on vertically and about 4" to the left of point of aim. Drifted the rear sight over just a smidge and now it's just right.
I'd like to get another just to put it away for someday.

Was that the P-64 or the PA-63?

If we are talking wholesale prices, buy two and get a better deal @ SOG
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Local gunshop had a few of the P64s.  They look great until you pull the trigger.  Absolutely the worst double action trigger pull I have ever felt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine's a P64.
But I don't mind my dealer making a living.

And the P64 DOES have  the worst DA trigger in the world. But it's easily fixed. Plenty of good info on them p64.home.insightbb.com/main.htm.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Try someone else. Read my first post.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#9]
figured that was coming.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah Mak, I've heard both good and bad about them but they never did that to me before so I guess I won't be back.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I will probably pick a PA-63 up if I see one but I don't know about those P-64's.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
It happened to me on my PSL.  I had driven like crazy from work at lunch to get there and then they raise the price by $50 over the SGN or internet price.  Says because I walked in it's now retail.  I went ahead and got it anyway as I knew PSL's were going to dry up.  And I ended up with a VERY large POS that I fixed myself and had to send off to get the screws replaced that did not even touch the receiver before they bottomed out!  The carrier width was larger than the rails it was wedging itself in!  I had just purchased a semi-auto bolt action as after each shot the bolt would wedge back and you had to hit the handle to force it forward to load another round.  That rifle should have never been put out for sale, period.  And once again folks, it ain't slander when it's the damn cold hard truth and has been documented by many including the Gunsmith who replaced those Allen head screws with the proper rivets.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It happened to me on my PSL.  I had driven like crazy from work at lunch to get there and then they raise the price by $50 over the SGN or internet price.  Says because I walked in it's now retail.  I went ahead and got it anyway as I knew PSL's were going to dry up.  And I ended up with a VERY large POS that I fixed myself and had to send off to get the screws replaced that did not even touch the receiver before they bottomed out!  The carrier width was larger than the rails it was wedging itself in!  I had just purchased a semi-auto bolt action as after each shot the bolt would wedge back and you had to hit the handle to force it forward to load another round.  That rifle should have never been put out for sale, period.  And once again folks, it ain't slander when it's the damn cold hard truth and has been documented by many including the Gunsmith who replaced those Allen head screws with the proper rivets.  

Here is proof that MGS used to SELL SCREW BUILDS!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#14]
mgs? enlighten me.who are they? thanks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Military Gun Supply. They will occasionally act like they are helping someone when actually they are bending you over. I know some have had good experiences like me but it all comes to an end eventually. So let them shove all those damn guns up their fu@#ing asses and pull the trigger. The bad thing is I could have had an ffl sent to them by fax for a discount but they wanted to see me walk in with it. So no discount for me. Also in the past they told me there was no dealer discounts. I get there the other day and they want to know why I was looking at the dealer website. So go fuck yourselves MGS.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Are their PSL's they have for sale now their own shop builds?  Or Romanian imports built in Romania?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Built by them. I've read once or twice that people haven't been happy with MGS's PSL's. Let me know if you need one I think I know where there are a few left at fair prices.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top