Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:19:52 PM EDT
CTD had some the other day, and still showed it in stock earlier today. I know it was high but hey, who knows what is going to happen.
Anyway I was at the roll up door of the truck and I heard this whining, droning voice coming from the radio---THE GUY WAS LISTENING TO NATIONAL PUBLIC (PUKING) RADIO!!!

I wanted to tell him "I just wanted you to know you are delivering me ammunition for an evil assault rifle, have a nice day!!!"  But I figured he would put me on some kind of commie list or something.

GR
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#1]
i listen to NPR also - gotta keep up with what the other side is doing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
CTD had some the other day, and still showed it in stock earlier today. I know it was high but hey, who knows what is going to happen.
Anyway I was at the roll up door of the truck and I heard this whining, droning voice coming from the radio---THE GUY WAS LISTENING TO NATIONAL PUBLIC (PUKING) RADIO!!!

I wanted to tell him "I just wanted you to know you are delivering me ammunition for an evil assault rifle, have a nice day!!!"  But I figured he would put me on some kind of commie list or something.

GR

haha a commie list...naaaaaaa

my UPS guy must love me....getting crates of "ORM D" or whatever packages that weigh a ton in.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
last time i order ammo the guy was like "do you ever order anything that is not heavy?"
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i listen to NPR also - gotta keep up with what the other side is doing.

Yup.

I had a boss that would listen to NPR in the morn and Rush in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:29:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I tried to listen to NPR once. After an hour or so I was so depressed I wanted to drive my truck into a crowd.

Seriously, the woman that does so much of the talking on there sounds like that voice the VC used to demoralize our troops in Nam. Monotone, low, constant dreariness.

For reasons I will not post here, I think the guy was listening for reasons other than "to hear what the other side" was doing.

GR
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I listen to NPR, but I also listened to Howard Stern when he was still on FREE radio.
I used to switch back and forth depending on what was on!
I do not like Rush or ManCow or the new guy Rover...
I find some of the stuff interesting, but I will agree if you’re not careful you will be put to sleep!

I do not advertise to my neighbors or any one else what I have in my house or what I do with it...
Only pro gun people know what I have and I like it like that!

The funny thing is one day last year I was loading up my three long guns (AR's), two pistols, and at least 3K of ammo in to my truck with a bunch more junk and a local Cop just happened to be cruising by...
He did one double take to look at the three gun cases I was caring... waived HELLO and kept on driving!  
That’s the kind of Cop you like to have around!  Minds his own business and is still friendly...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't mind NPR usually.  But what really bugs me besides some of the whineyness is the fact that every person on there HAS TO HAVE a fucked up name?  Have you guys ever noticed how wacky all of their names are?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I listen to NPR, but I also listened to Howard Stern when he was still on FREE radio.
I find some of the stuff interesting, but I will agree if you’re not careful you will be put to sleep!

I do not advertise to my neighbors or any one else what I have in my house or what I do with it...

The funny thing is one day last year I was loading up my three long guns (AR's), two pistols, and at least 3K of ammo in to my truck with a bunch more junk and a local Cop just happened to be cruising by...
He did one double take to look at the three gun cases I was caring... waived HELLO and kept on driving!  
That’s the kind of Cop you like to have around!  Minds his own business and is still friendly...

lol, if that wsa NY, my dog would quite possibly be in the ER right now...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I listen to Air Amerika a bit during commericials of my other radio show,  sad people are brain damaged like the AirAmerika crew
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, if that wsa NY, my dog would quite possibly be in the ER right now...

ya cops here would probally stop and start questioning you and your rifles legalities...I sh^t you not
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I listen to everything.  I'd watch Al-Jazeera if it was hosted here.

Michael Savage is probably my favorite.  Very entertaining radio.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#13]

I often surf around on my my XM radio (loooong commute) and they have two channels next to each other: "America Right" (Laura Ingraham, etc.) and "America Left" (Al Franken, et al).

God knows I'm a far right-leaning man, but it's so tiresome listening to either side.

Not really a talk-radio guy, I guess.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I like to listen to NPR as I clean my guns. It provides some balance to the universe.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top