Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:03:16 PM EDT

ok I'm taking the FCG out and I have everything out except the hammer and double hooks. the pin is loose in there moving around but it just gets to a point and wont budge. yes the shepards hook is out. whats holding that puppy in!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
ok I'm taking the FCG out and I have everything out except the hammer and double hooks. the pin is loose in there moving around but it just gets to a point and wont budge. yes the shepards hook is out. whats holding that puppy in!

/

The pin has to be linned up just perfect sometimes. It should come out with a tap from a hammer and a punch but make damn sure the pin is lined up. Alot of the time once the pin slides out of the right side of the receiver it will cock just slightly and makes for a bitch of a time getting it out.

edit: O ya, you have to hold your mouth just right.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It should just come out, have you tried gently tap the pin with a punch?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]

yeah i tried gently then not so gently! thanks I'll see if i cant get it lines up better.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Things like this always go better after the second bier!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]

josh I'm like 30 min from muskogee , lend a hand to a brotha
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Things like this always go better after the second bier!

or worse.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]

well jim beam and coke isnt helping!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Use your thumb and push down on the cocked hammer while pushing the pin out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
   josh I'm like 30 min from muskogee , lend a hand to a brotha

Got to go to work here in a bit.

Man, we need to get together and go blastin. I have not got to go blastin (besides test firing) in a couple months.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The notch for the shepards hook that goes all the way around the pin is likely stuck on the reciever wall.  It is just the right thickness to get in there.  Take the double hooks, and fold them over one-another on the back of the hammer, so there is no tension at all on the hammer.  Push gently on the pin while moving the hammer up& down and side to side to get the notch in the pin free of the side of the receiver.    
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#11]

thanks frostbite yeah the tension of them is making it hard to line that pin up.

yeah josh a ton of  goverment land I go blastin on right behind my house, I just welded up a 10 inch steel target on sat, it works well, I tested it this weekend. :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
thanks frostbite yeah the tension of them is making it hard to line that pin up.

yeah josh a ton of  goverment land I go blastin on right behind my house, I just welded up a 10 inch steel target on sat, it works well, I tested it this weekend. :)

You still have that Ar-10? Did you get to pop its cherry this season?

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top