Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 2:28:01 PM EDT
My wife and I had to go to Baytown and to Katy today so all along I-10 I stopped at 2 Academys and Bass Pro Shops and no one had any 7.62,Hell I even tried Carters Country and they were out as well. Well the Academy at Blalock had TONS of Monarch 7.62X39, $2.99 a box for 20 rounds and I picked up 15 boxes.

Can't wait to shoot it all of on Sunday
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]

man the academy up here by me had probably 3000 rounds that I could see. 2.86 a box. everytime I go I buy a couple hundred.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The store I went to said they had a full pallet of it in the back

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you shot this stuff yet?  I am curious to know how well it does.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I plan on shooting a lot of it on Sunday,Hell my order from Sportsmansguide (500rd of Wolf) was supposed to ship Feb 1 now it says March 1
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Academy carries the Monarch stuff - which is made by Barnaul (who makes most of the ammo for the Russian military), so I am assuming it's decent stuff....but, then again, you know what they say about assumptions.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:07:43 AM EDT
[#7]
It's good stuff, reliable, and cheap, and accurate (when shot out of an accurate gun...)

If you get bad groups with it, don't immediately attribute the results to the ammo.

Barnaul is the most sought after 5.45x39, (well maybe because there's only 2 or 3 makers of 5.45).

It's usually in all instances (Barnaul) better than wolf.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Academy carries the Monarch stuff - which is made by Barnaul (who makes most of the ammo for the Russian military), so I am assuming it's decent stuff....but, then again, you know what they say about assumptions.

It's the best Russian out there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:23:38 AM EDT
[#9]
My academy near me has it too.  Marked 2.86 on the box but rings up 2.86 every time!  Before Xmas when everyone was freaking and could not find any, mine had thousands just stacked on the shelf self serve.  I announced that on a couple of forums and the wife had gone back to the store to get me some for Xmas and there were only a few boxs left then.  But it is back in stock now and about 4 minutes from my house!  

It's good stuff and shoots just fine.  I never leave that store without (5) boxes of it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 Marked 2.86 on the box but rings up 2.86 every time!  

HUH?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:44:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish the Academy at 518 and 45S would get some, they're 5 min away from home and 1 min away from work.

Last time I was in there they had Remington brass for $12 a box, don't think so.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My academy near me has it too.  Marked 2.86 on the box but rings up 2.86 every time!  Before Xmas when everyone was freaking and could not find any, mine had thousands just stacked on the shelf self serve.  I announced that on a couple of forums and the wife had gone back to the store to get me some for Xmas and there were only a few boxs left then.  But it is back in stock now and about 4 minutes from my house!  

It's good stuff and shoots just fine.  I never leave that store without (5) boxes of it.

speak up I can't hear you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Marked 2.99, ring up 2.86. Forgot on this forum you have to "manually" subscribe.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the best Russian out there.

So, are you saying that it is better than Wolf?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top