Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 2:57:46 PM EDT
Anyone know where to get the folder trunnion, and hardware needed to initiate a conversion of my Saiga to AK-103?

I received my buttstock from Andrei/Ruseller/AndyArts.....

But he hasn't gotten me my hardware as promised for over 5 months. I really want to build my rifle. I am just wondering if anyone else out there has the hardware, or can get it.

I have a couple other AK-100 buttstocks with no hardware. I'm tired of just looking at them. I want to use em...

I wish these items were easier to get.....

Or that the people making promises/gaurantees while selling them would stop making claims they can't deliver on.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Tantal will have them...it'll cost you though
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
From Tantal's latest price list:

AK74M-TRUN    Russian made original late style trunnion assembly for modern Russian plastic folding buttstock assembly, fits AK-74M and AK-100 rifles. The internal latch parts, forward receiver mounted hook assembly, and larger 5.5mm pivot pin are included.  These are mint new and fit all stamped receivers. No rivets included.    $149.95   (+ $5.85 shipping)    IN STOCK

AK74M-TRUN-R    original late style trunnion assembly for modern Russian plastic folding buttstock assembly, fits AK-74M and AK-100 rifles.  The internal latch parts, forward receiver mounted hook assembly, and larger 5.5mm pivot pin are included.  These are mint new and fit all stamped receivers, and includes the correct set of Russian rivets.     $159.95   (+ $5.85 shipping)    IN STOCK

As 1Gunner said it will cost you...  But you could always sell your set when Andrei gets it to you...

Spooky
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
From Tantal's latest price list:

AK74M-TRUN    Russian made original late style trunnion assembly for modern Russian plastic folding buttstock assembly, fits AK-74M and AK-100 rifles. The internal latch parts, forward receiver mounted hook assembly, and larger 5.5mm pivot pin are included.  These are mint new and fit all stamped receivers. No rivets included.    $149.95   (+ $5.85 shipping)    IN STOCK

AK74M-TRUN-R    original late style trunnion assembly for modern Russian plastic folding buttstock assembly, fits AK-74M and AK-100 rifles.  The internal latch parts, forward receiver mounted hook assembly, and larger 5.5mm pivot pin are included.  These are mint new and fit all stamped receivers, and includes the correct set of Russian rivets.     $159.95   (+ $5.85 shipping)    IN STOCK

As 1Gunner said it will cost you...  But you could always sell your set when Andrei gets it to you...

Spooky

If it ever does..........

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Andrei wil probably get through in the end but it will take some time. I got my Russian side-folder from him a few moths ago and he did not include the hardware. I told him about me and he promissed to send them to me with my last order whcich hopefully i wil receive before the year is over . Anyway, I am not to worried as I still have two more complete sets waiting to be installed but it is still a hassle.

Try Todd at ORF. I had a set that was missing the front latch and Todd had some. It cost me $60.00 , but I had to have them so.... I do not know if he stil has some. You must check with Todd directly because when i called ORF they said NO WAY but when I asked Todd directly he said "sure, no problem"...go figure
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually the hardware is kind of hard to get, even in Russia.. It basically has to be custom ordered from the factory, and normally has to be done with a minimum order of 50.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Souds like another group buy project and Stottman just voluntered to be project coordnator

Seriously though, perhaps this is somethig we should look into
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Souds like another group buy project and Stottman just voluntered to be project coordnator

LOL

Put me down for 10...seriously. I need 7 of them. I'll sell the other 3.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have been planning on doing some for awhile, but dont really want to do any sort of group buy. Dont really feel comfortable taking anyones money without product in hand, especially dealing with Russians.... They are slow as hell, and costs can jack up without warning due to customs hassles.

Would everyone want the complete 4 pc sets with hardware, heatshield, etc, or just the folding stock with handware (to us US parts for the rest)?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I think there are more than a couple of people who already have stocks, that need the trunnions and latches only.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have been planning on doing some for awhile, but dont really want to do any sort of group buy. Dont really feel comfortable taking anyones money without product in hand, especially dealing with Russians.... They are slow as hell, and costs can jack up without warning due to customs hassles.

Would everyone want the complete 4 pc sets with hardware, heatshield, etc, or just the folding stock with handware (to us US parts for the rest)?

Stottman, I think that for most people the whole 4pc set would be a waste just because they cannot use the PG or HGs due to the parts count. I think the best and most economical way would be to get the stock and internal parts. I may be wrong but this is the way it generally works for me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think there are more than a couple of people who already have stocks, that need the trunnions and latches only.

Count me as one of these.  {Then Andrei will come through and The stock will be impossible to get!}
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm willing to pay good for at least 8 sets. If the first of those is received.

I just can't stand liars. If it takes years. Put it in the description.

Say up front what you can, and can't guarantee. And I'll buy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I would be interested in a couple of sets with all 4..

Or just the complete stock set and rear trunion..

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Andrei wil probably get through in the end but it will take some time. I got my Russian side-folder from him a few moths ago and he did not include the hardware. I told him about me and he promissed to send them to me with my last order whcich hopefully i wil receive before the year is over . Anyway, I am not to worried as I still have two more complete sets waiting to be installed but it is still a hassle.

Try Todd at ORF. I had a set that was missing the front latch and Todd had some. It cost me $60.00 , but I had to have them so.... I do not know if he stil has some. You must check with Todd directly because when i called ORF they said NO WAY but when I asked Todd directly he said "sure, no problem"...go figure

Gonna try that...........
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

. +1

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top