Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/28/2006 8:31:13 AM EDT
Can you dremel a 7.62 US follower into the proper shape to work in a 5.45 mag?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI...........I was starting to get the injection mold drawn up and made for making U.S. 5.45 followers but after chatting with "grasshopper" over at GUNCO (I'm buying some of his floorplates) I found out he's actually a couple of weeks ahead of me in the process so I gave it up and he is proceeding. I'm sure he'll announce when he's going into production on them, like he is currently doing with his flooplates. (rats, I missed out on another one!! )

Bottom line is........good news for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You could also use the followers sold by Robinson Arms for the .223 vepr. I was told by Robinson that after installing in a Bulgarian mag it would still work for 5.45 and .223.  They were about $5 a piece the last time I bought some.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
FYI...........I was starting to get the injection mold drawn up and made for making U.S. 5.45 followers but after chatting with "grasshopper" over at GUNCO (I'm buying some of his floorplates) I found out he's actually a couple of weeks ahead of me in the process so I gave it up and he is proceeding. I'm sure he'll announce when he's going into production on them, like he is currently doing with his flooplates. (rats, I missed out on another one!! )

Bottom line is........good news for everyone.

That is good news ... Thanks for the update !!

I can sport my Russiam pistol grips now ...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Will GUNCO be making 5.45 floor plates?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Will GUNCO be making 5.45 floor plates?

No GUNCO is a website.  A member of gunco.net is making the floorplates and selling them on the forum to those of us that got in on the deal    www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18502
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#7]
"You could also use the followers sold by Robinson Arms for the .223 vepr. I was told by Robinson that after installing in a Bulgarian mag it would still work for 5.45 and .223. They were about $5 a piece the last time I bought some"

GOOD advice.  I've done this several times - works perfectly.  Use POLY mags - the trick won't work with Rom metal mags... though I seem to remember getting one of these to work well in a Polish Tantal Metal mag.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top