Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 6:14:37 PM EDT
How are the 7.62 and 5.45 receivers coming along?  Harlan?

Are any of the first acceptable production run going to be sent out to qualified persons for review?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I take it your questions are about the AKM receiver and the AK-74 receiver.

Blue prints for both receivers have been approved.

Production tooling is currently being made. Because we are insisting on authentic details, there is quite a it of specialized tooling to be made.

We are waiting for final costing proposals to be presented. Once we get these, the purchase order will be put in.

Sample receivers will be made, following the completion of the production tooling.
We will examine the samples and determine if any changes or updates need to be made.
Following the approval of the sample receivers, the production order will go in.

Who do you suggest to do the review of production run receivers?

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
My short list for review:

Ted Marshall at Marshall Arms

Troy at In Range

Chris Butler at AK-USA

Mark Krebs at Krebs Custom

Mike at Firing Line

Get a positive review from those guys (especially getting Ted Marshall to work with your receiver) and they'll sell out immediately.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
My short list for the review:

Ted Marshall

p.s. Harlan, we are currently kicking around hypotheticals on a different thread for SEAK 4 - would participating in a group buy of AKM pattern receivers for a potential project be something that you'd have any interest in?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Troy at In Range

Chris Butler at AK-USA

Mike at Firing Line

Kyle at Menace Tactical

Get a positive review from those guys (especially getting Kyle to work with your receiver) and they'll sell out immediately.

Fixed it for ya!

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Bastard!  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My short list for the review:

Ted Marshall

p.s. Harlan, we are currently kicking around hypotheticals on a different thread for SEAK 4 - would participating in a group buy of AKM pattern receivers for a potential project be something that you'd have any interest in?

I'm not going to say 'NO', but we are still quite a ways from having the AKM (premium) receiver available. Keep in touch with me when you see we are getting close to having inventory on hand.
We probably could not offer to do custom serial number marking requests for the group buy receivers.
Thanks for your offer. We appreciate it.

Harlan
NoDak Spud
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to hijack the thread but do you have any fixed stock yugo receivers in yet, Harlan?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the rsponse Harlan.

For the record, I have no authority to approach you or make an offer - this was just a hypothetical question. We would need to get Site Staff involved for any official talks.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the rsponse Harlan.

For the record, I have no authority to approach you or make an offer - this was just a hypothetical question. We would need to get Site Staff involved for any official talks.

Thanks.

I understand. I'm not holding you to anything.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread but do you have any fixed stock yugo receivers in yet, Harlan?

Not yet, but we expect a delivery of both M70 fixed stock receivers and M72 RPK receivers at the end of the week (3-3-06).
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess you meant "at the end of the week 2-3-06"
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:52:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You are correct, my typo error.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Troy at In Range

Chris Butler at AK-USA

Mike at Firing Line

Get a positive review from those guys (especially getting Ted Marshall to work with your receiver) and they'll sell out immediately.

+1 on this.

Harlan, of course the ONE thing we all want done right is the dimples, if you are going through all this trouble, getting the proper dimples is IMHO essential.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:29:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Troy at In Range

Chris Butler at AK-USA

Mike at Firing Line

+1 on this.

Harlan, of course the ONE thing we all want done right is the dimples, if you are going through all this trouble, getting the proper dimples is IMHO essential.

Absolutely.  A receiver that is dimensionally correct, has proper dimples, and is properly hardened will sell like mad at a premium price.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Troy at In Range

Chris Butler at AK-USA

Mike at Firing Line

+1 on this.

Absolutely.  A receiver that is dimensionally correct, has proper dimples, and is properly hardened will sell like mad at a premium price.

Easy on the premium price stuff...We don't want them to get cocky
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Not yet, but we expect a delivery of both M70 fixed stock receivers and M72 RPK receivers at the end of the week (3-3-06).
Thanks.

Harlan

Will these (M70) have the selector marks and depressions or will they be blank?

Thanks,

Kyle
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct, my typo error.

Harlan

Cool !!  I'm starting to get excited now.  FFL copy on file, money in hand - just waiting on a go from you to send bucks and get things rolling.

Great times just around the corner with Harlan and DCI.  Go Harlan Go !!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#18]
One more thing to keep in mind is that the XXY markings for the FCG pins should also be the right width. like in the early Romanian receivers. It would also be nice if the small indentatio on the right side of the receiver for the third/"magic" pin would be there also like in the early romaninan receivers.

Notice the small vertical indentation on the receiver, right in the middle just over the mag release

See how the XXY are thick and well defined.

These two I would like to see replicated, perhaps other people would like to see this. If so, please chime in as well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#19]
After using your yugo receiver on a build I have a SBR bulgy krink project that is waiting on one of your receivers. They are beautiful work. Let us know when they are coming around so we can flood you with orders...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I volunteer to beta-test anything you want. If it goes Bang, I can break it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Troy at In Range

Chris Butler at AK-USA

Mike at Firing Line

+1 on this.

Specific, individual tooling is being made for the mag dimple emboss on the AKM receivers and on the AK-74 receivers.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Harlan

Will these (M70) have the selector marks and depressions or will they be blank?

Thanks,

Kyle

All DCI M70 receivers have 'S' and 'F' selector markings and selector detents.
Thanks for asking.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
One more thing to keep in mind is that the XXY markings for the FCG pins should also be the right width. like in the early Romanian receivers. It would also be nice if the small indentatio on the right side of the receiver for the third/"magic" pin would be there also like in the early romaninan receivers.

Notice the small vertical indentation on the receiver, right in the middle just over the mag release
i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/xcibes/AK74-SM.jpg

See how the XXY are thick and well defined.
i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/xcibes/DSCN0790.jpg

These two I would like to see replicated, perhaps other people would like to see this. If so, please chime in as well.

The DCI AKM receiver is based on the semiauto Hungarian SA-85 receiver.
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Thanks for asking.

Harlan

Can you make them unmarked?  

This is going to be a sticking point for many people.  Alot would like to have their own markings done to match the nationality of their kit.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Does this mean you now have an approved tantal solution too?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for asking.

Harlan

This is going to be a sticking point for many people.  Alot would like to have their own markings done to match the nationality of their kit.

scottryan:

The DCI AKM (premium) receiver, the DCI AK-74 receiver, the DCI Romanian/Russian RPK receiver, and the DCI RPK-74 receiver will have no selector markings.
The question I answered above was only in discussing the DCI Yugo M70 receivers.
Please reply or post if this is not clear enough.
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Does this mean you now have an approved tantal solution too?

Following engineering studies, we believe we know how to make a dedicated Tantal receiver that will allow inclusion of the original Tantal safety and selector, in conjuction with standard U.S. made fire control sets.
Is this what you are asking?
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#28]
When will these be available?

Also, what is the availability of your AK74 recievers.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for asking.

Harlan

scottryan:

The DCI AKM (premium) receiver, the DCI AK-74 receiver, the DCI Romanian/Russian RPK receiver, and the DCI RPK-74 receiver will have no selector markings.
The question I answered above was only in discussing the DCI Yugo M70 receivers.
Please reply or post if this is not clear enough.
Thanks.

Harlan

Harlan,

Thanks for the clarification.  That sounds alot better.

Scott
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top