Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:04:36 PM EDT
I currently have a C.A.I. Yugo M70 underfolder on backorder for the next shipment.  That said I am starting to find out optics will be a problem as their is no side rail and cannot find foreend furniture rails/mounts.

The problem is Centerfire now or will very soon have an RPK for $500.  Optics do not appear to be an issue thier.  

Short term funding allows for only one, which?

Don't know how common the Yugo UF will be in the future, so is it that great it should be bought? I am optics shooter by preference.

I have also heard bad thing about CFS mostly to with parts kits, I wont worry too much about the C.A.I. M70 should I worry about the RPK?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
????? Nobody?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
F*ck optics.  Practice with your irons.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You seem to have answered your own question. get the RPK since you want a rail and this will not be a problem. There are tons of M70 kits out there and you don't have to get them fromCFS. I would get the RPK and also get a kit as they are cheap just in case you cannot get the M70 in time. If you can, then you can always sell the kits as they will go up in value as time goes on and they become rare. Me...I go for iron sights all the time...but that's just me
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
you most likely recieve a kit with a barrel that looks like crap .. i wouldnt worry about a scope on
one of these guns,, besides you will not be able to fold the stock with the scope inplace anyway
there is not enough room between the rail with a mount on it..
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You seem to have answered your own question. get the RPK since you want a rail and this will not be a problem. There are tons of M70 kits out there and you don't have to get them fromCFS. I would get the RPK and also get a kit as they are cheap just in case you cannot get the M70 in time. If you can, then you can always sell the kits as they will go up in value as time goes on and they become rare. Me...I go for iron sights all the time...but that's just me

I am talking about two built ready to go rifles.  I alluded to kits because CFS cherrypicks and sells leftovers.  I would assume if they build this RPK it would be with a cherrypicked barrel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you most likely recieve a kit with a barrel that looks like crap .. i wouldnt worry about a scope on
one of these guns,, besides you will not be able to fold the stock with the scope inplace anyway
there is not enough room between the rail with a mount on it..

The CAI rifle I know will be good quality people here have them thier gorgeous.  I want an RPK (ready-to-go rifle) but I worry since it is CFS.  The hitch with the Yugo UF is no optics.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Just know that its not a true RPK, just an AK with a 20" barrel.

Personally, id go with the Yugo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I understand this. My suggestion was that since you like to shoot with a scope, then go with the RPK which I know is already built. I also know about the Century Yugo underfolders, BUT since you CANNOT buy both of these, then buy the RPK and get a kit JUST IN CASE you cannot find an already built Yugo M70 underfolder. In this case you can always have one built if you really want this rifle, and if you can get the rifle already built, then you can sell your kit and perhaps make a couple of $$$ in the process. This way you are not completely out of luck if the rifles dry-up.

About the kits, I have two and the barrels are nice if not too shiny(i.e. NO PITTING). No, I did not get them from CFS and there are many other vendors who sell these.

I also know funding allows only for one rifle but the kits are cheap ($100 and change +/-). If even this is NOT possible then just get the RPK
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I understand this. My suggestion was that since you like to shoot with a scope, then go with the RPK which I know is already built. I also know about the Century Yugo underfolders, BUT since you CANNOT buy both of these, then buy the RPK and get a kit JUST IN CASE you cannot find an already built Yugo M70 underfolder. In this case you can always have one built if you really want this rifle, and if you can get the rifle already built, then you can sell your kit and perhaps make a couple of $$$ in the process. This way you are not completely out of luck if the rifles dry-up.

About the kits, I have two and the barrels are nice if not too shiny(i.e. NO PITTING). No, I did not get them from CFS and there are many other vendors who sell these.

I also know funding allows only for one rifle but the kits are cheap ($100 and change +/-). If even this is NOT possible then just get the RPK

I know 922R but what is the legality on 100% recievers?  They have to go through FFL right?  Basicly so long as thier is a 4473 and parts compliant it is legal?  Do 80% recievers go through FFL, if no do they have serial#s?    
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
A receiver is considered a firearm by the ATF and as such it has to be transfered through the FFL. I got one from DCI and it is just dandy. You would need a total of 6 US parts for your rifle:

for me it would be:

1. receiver (1)
2. G2FCG(3)
3. US-made slant compensator (1)
4. US piston (1)

There are other parts you can use but this is what I will use on mine as I will not buy one of the DCI ones...I will have AK-USA build my kits.

receiver flats do not go through FFL and if you can finish a flat then go for it, otherwise get a finished receiver when you get more $$$. If the receiver is less than 80% complete, then it can go directly to you.

About serial numbers DCI marks this on the bottom and cannot be seen. I had them do a custom number to match my kit at no extra charge but it does take longer to get your receiver
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top