Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:15:19 PM EDT
I got my Polish underfolder kit from SG today.  I will be honest, this is the first kit I have ever bought and did not know quite what to expect.  There is finish wear on the external parts, but most of it looks like handlin.  I am sure this is not a brand new kit, but...the bore is immaculate.  I only paid $200 for it.  I was going to try to build this myself ( first build), but I am going to buy a Romanian kit to try first.  So...who do you guys recommend to build this under-folder fo me?  Thanks for the help.

I will try to post pictures of the kit this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What came with it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Only accessories that came with it was a sling, three cell pouch and a used mag.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#3]
That doesn't sound all that bad, pics will tell for sure though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats.......the polish doesn't present anything out of the ordinary with a 1mm receiver build, I would sent it off to the most cost effective builder that does both parking and gunkoting such as global military gunsmithing, with the nice wood that usually comes with it, I would recommend using the receiver, FCG, grip, and piston as your US parts.  Buy a good piston from krebs or kvar and good deep red pistol grip that  matches your wood
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, don't slap me, but I want to sell the wood and do plum furniture on the underfolder.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
plums should be left to AKM-74s IMO but hey it's your rifle and you could be doing worse, plus to go totally US plum you keep your piston
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
plums should be left to AKM-74s IMO but hey it's your rifle and you could be doing worse, plus to go totally US plum you keep your piston[/quote

+1  ---
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Actually, don't slap me, but I want to sell the wood and do plum furniture on the underfolder.

How much do you want for the wood? Been looking for a bulged laminate lower HG, and a matching upper one would be nice too!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top