Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:28:25 PM EDT
OK, my mag wobbles, your mag wobbles and so does everyone elses........

I have a few AKs and have handled a few more and so far I have YET to find an AK that doesnt exhibit some mag wobble.  Some guns are worse than others but ALL of them I handled have mag wobble to some extent.  On all of them I have fired this mag wobble did NOT affect the function of the rifle.

So am I safe to make the statement "all AKs have mag wobble, get over it and go shoot the damn thing".

On a side note does anyone remember the slow mo shot of the AK47 firing in Lord of War.  The scene where they dub cha-ching (money sound) over the gun fire.  If you watch the magazine in that gun you can see it wagging back and forth like a dogs tail........hmm, more mag wobble - its everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OK, my mag wobbles, your mag wobbles and so does everyone elses........

Yup, they do that...cool isn't it??

I have a few AKs and have handled a few more and so far I have YET to find an AK that doesnt exhibit some mag wobble.  Some guns are worse than others but ALL of them I handled have mag wobble to some extent.  On all of them I have fired this mag wobble did NOT affect the function of the rifle.

As long as the wobble doesnt effect the functioning of the rifle. Sometimes the wobble can be due to
improper mag latch fit of the lack of the side dimples as in a WASR-type gun.
Different origin magazines may account for more or less wobble in a particular weapon
I find the Bulgy Waffle mags to be some of the least wobbly mags there are.
Fit is usually very tight.

So am I safe to make the statement "all AKs have mag wobble, get over it and go shoot the damn thing".

Yes, don't worry about it.

On a side note does anyone remember the slow mo shot of the AK47 firing in Lord of War.  The scene where they dub cha-ching (money sound) over the gun fire.  If you watch the magazine in that gun you can see it wagging back and forth like a dogs tail........hmm, more mag wobble - its everywhere.

Well sure. Because if it is in a movie it has to be real??...

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#2]
ive had 1 ak in all the 10 other ones that didnt have a zinch of mag wobble, it was a bwest/norinco import.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a SAR-2 that I sold to a buddy of mine.

We shoot it regularly, the mag is rock solid. It just depends on the gun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard that it was cheaper to buy real AKs then AK prop guns for Lord of War so supposedly they used real AKs in some of the scenes.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top