Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:22:26 PM EDT
Just received a brand new stock set from K-VAR for one of my milled receiver AKs.  I'm going to have to do some handi-work to get her to fit.  Namely, the stock receiver "block" (don't know the technical term), needs to be trimmed as well as the lower handguard receiver block.  I need to do a little inletting for the top tang.  

Also, I need to do some inletting/routing on the stock itself for the sling swivel.  

I have a Dremel tool, but would like to know what particular accessory I should use for this type of work.  Additionally, any other tips you guys might have...bring 'em on!  I don't want to screw this up!

Thank you.

Bud
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if you're talking about modifying a part of the rifle or the stock set. Personally, I wouldn't mess with the rifle itself - I'd make adjustments to the stock set to make it fit. You can use a Dremel but be extremely careful not to take away too much material. Also, if the stock set is plastic you run the risk of having it melt away if you use the Dremel.

If you could supply pics and/or be more specific about what you need to do I'm sure we can help more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
When I got my Warsaw length I had to take some off the "block" with a fileuntil it fit right, the tangs and swivel were fine ...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Just go slow. I have fitted wood and plastic stocks to 3 AK's now. And the plastic will melt...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
File.  Dremel will melt unless real slow.

I have never had to do any inletting for the tang.  Buttstock is not supposed to fit flush with back of receiver. Should be a small gap.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top