Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 8:51:26 AM EDT
After lurking for quite a while, I decided to join up as you all seem really fine folks.  I know this is probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway.  While attending a Northern Virginia Gun Show, I came across quite a few AK-47 complete builds marketed as by Ewbanks and Gordon Tech.  They seem relatively reasonable in price, $450 for the Ewbanks and $550 for the Gordon (after a $50 discount because the dealer knows me).  They seemed in pretty good condition, barrels clean and seemingly new, everything well oiled and with black composite furniture.  The Gordon appears to have a Milled rather than a thinner Stamped receiver, with resulting noticeable increase in weight.  

Good deals or not?  Each comes with sling and 30 rouind mag.  The Gordon seems to have a cleaning kit in the stock.  Your thoughts would be most appreciated.   Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Jerry Gordon built good rifles but he has disappeared.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Was you looking at Mountain Dave's or Patriot Services?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Patriot, as well as a new dealer I haven't dealt with before.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
We can always use another Virginian.

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks so much for your help.  The Gordon was definitely milled, a used offering but in very good shape.  Dark brown camo furniture, no wood at all.  Anybody have any info or ideas as to the Eubanks (Ewbanks?) models?  Sorry for the spelling.        
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks so much for your help.  The Gordon was definitely milled, a used offering but in very good shape.  Dark brown camo furniture, no wood at all.  Anybody have any info or ideas as to the Eubanks (Ewbanks?) models?  Sorry for the spelling.        

Ewbanks? Joeken? Vulcan tooling?  Do you really want to open that can of worms?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll gladly open the "can of worms" just so that I can get opinions and ideas.  I'm relatively new to the field, and I can use all the help y'all are willing to provide.  You're the guys with the smarts;  at this point, I just want to listen and learn.  So fire away about Ewbanks.    
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Stay away from joken vulcan(hesse) they plain out suck.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top