Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:09:50 PM EDT
I was thinking of placing an order at Centerfire for a few of the $99 Romy AK kits, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else had gotten some of these kits and the condition they were in.  After doing some reading, it would appear that Centerfire grades a bit high on their kits.  Just want to know what I will be getting before I spend the $$$.

Also, is it worth pciking up a Suomi kit or two for the additional $20?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
hell I'll give you $20 for the soumi kit if you dont want it
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for the day crew!

Dawg
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]
CF is really good on the phone, good customer service, but a high potential of getting a junk kit and having to return it. The Romys have all been very nice for me from DPH, and I would imagine they are vg at CF. It seems CF was selling us the scraps on the Yugo's though in hindsight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I've ordered a couple and they were in good shape. One had a little surface rust around the gas tube/rsb. Wood was not cracked and in good shape. This was a few months ago, so that may have changed with the ban.

I'd pick up a Suomi if you order. I think there will be a few 9mm AKs around soon with Suomi barrels.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#5]
what can someone do with a Suomi kit?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The first Romy kit I received from CFS was like new.  I just received two others and haven't had a chance to look them over yet.

There is a Suomi semi receiver and bolt coming.  No ATF approval yet, though.

From what I've seen (don't have the link, found it through Google), it will cost around $200 to get that $20 kit up and running.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The first Romy kit I received from CFS was like new.  I just received two others and haven't had a chance to look them over yet.

There is a Suomi semi receiver and bolt coming.  No ATF approval yet, though.

From what I've seen (don't have the link, found it through Google), it will cost around $200 to get that $20 kit up and running.

It may cost $200 to get the kit running, but it only costs $20 to have the parts that will likely go up in value once the conversions are available.

Please look the kits over and let me know.  I was going to place an order this afternoon or evening, but can hold off a day.  Wood, metal, and bore condition, all matching numbers? Thanks!

Dawg
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Kits are fine.  Wood may have some burn marks which can be taken care of by stripping wood and sanding a bit when refinishing.  Upper handguard may be cracked on some.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Kits are fine.  Wood may have some burn marks which can be taken care of by stripping wood and sanding a bit when refinishing.  Upper handguard may be cracked on some.

Sounds exactly the saem as the kits I bought from "BOCEFUS" on FALfiles.  AS long as the metal and barrels are excellent/near new coniditon I can deal with a little wear on the stocks.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Since the upper hanguard on the ones I received weren't laminate and were all cracked, I replaced them with Polish laminated uppers from greentimber, I think they were $7.00 each on the EE.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Being that all the romanian kits are coming from the same supplier wouldnt they all be about the same? Ive only had one so Im just curious. I think Im gonna pick a couple up at aim where they come with a free mag and if you buy two or more you get them for $90 each.

I just called, and these are a steal considering shipping for 5 kits to IL is only $16!  The downside is they cannot guarantee matching numbers...the guy said they had pulled a couple of kits and all of them had matched, but they weren't going to check everyone and thus were not listing them as matching.

Even so, with a free mag with each that is a good deal!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]
As I mentioned, the first Romy kit I received was like new.  The other two came in now.  They are in the good to very good category.  Very nice bores, but  the outsides aren't as nice.  They are also older, the first has a 1986 date, the other two have 1979 and 1974 dates.

The Suomi looks new.  Not a scratch or ding anywhere, no wear on the bore.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought 2 of the Suomi Kits when they were around the $50 mark.  Absolutely beutiful, looked as new.  I dont really care if I ever do anything with it, for $20 you can stick it together with muffler pipe and stick it on the wall and be the hit of any party.  I collect SMG kits, I have PPSH's, Stens, Suomis., CZ's....love them all.  Gotta get some of the drums, they are so cool, I sleep with one when my wife is away.

OMP

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Placed an order for two Yugo AK kits and two Suomi kits.  hell, for $20 even if I never use the whole kit I can at least build some kind of dummy gun or use the barrel for something interesting.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Placed an order for two Yugo AK kits and two Suomi kits.  hell, for $20 even if I never use the whole kit I can at least build some kind of dummy gun or use the barrel for something interesting.

Dangit, I need to get one of those FEG kits. Just don't have the money right now.
Would be neat if you could put together a pistol from that Suomi kit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Romy kits??

one name:  Bocefus  (arf.com name)
his e-mail :  [email protected]

$99.00 each
$10.00 flat shipping (up to 10 kits)

I ordered 5 kits from him and they are all unfired, brand spanking new.  All matching numbers. The wood doesnt even need refinishing,  all barrel pins and barrels came out with no problems at all.  The finish on the gun is perfect.  Highly recommend him.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top