Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 12:30:04 PM EDT
Are you guys doing everything in black or just the part that shows?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Rough up the parts that you cannot see, get the paint off, and fine tune the parts that really show.... at least that is how i did it
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I did my sar-2.  used vinegar the remove the black (seriously works) then sanded and polished the exposed part.

It has never had any rust, and i shoot it and just throw it into the safe with no cleaning some times.

It takes some work as there are alot of surface marks, but just go to town with the sand paper/dremal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I saw page two. My question was not how to polish but how much of the bolt carrier. I just did 60% for now. All the parts that are visible when it's assembled.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have either of those yet. I'm hoping to get in line for the M70's from Centerfire.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm currently trying to polish my SLR-100H carrier, the bolt is already chromed it seems.  It's tough work, I'm using hoppes and steel wool, and a metal polish.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
What countries actually issue an AK with a polished "in the white" bolt carrier? Just China and Yugoslavia? I know Russia USED to have polished bolt carriers with their SVT's and SKS'. What's the REAL DEAL nowadays? Anyone actually know?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What countries actually issue an AK with a polished "in the white" bolt carrier? Just China and Yugoslavia? I know Russia USED to have polished bolt carriers with their SVT's and SKS'. What's the REAL DEAL nowadays? Anyone actually know?

Poland issued some as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I know Russia USED to have polished bolt carriers with their SVT's and SKS'.

The Russians also had their early AKs issued with bolt/ carriers in the white.

Not sure if anyone does that anymore, North Korea maybe?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top