Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/22/2006 7:38:43 AM EDT
So I just took the new WASR-10 apart using the http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fieldstrip.htm instructions,I got it apart easily but putting the top plate back in is giving me a problem. What's the secret to this? Do you have to press the retaining tab forward so that the top cover will slide on or what?

Newb AK owner
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes you have to press the topcover hold down to be able to get the top cover on, what i do is line up the top cover in the groove of the rear sight base and simply smack down on it and it will pop right on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fieldstrip.htm

Hook the tab on the inside of the topcover where the hole is, so that as you lock the front of the cover in the groove and push down on the rear of the cover the tab pops in the hole ...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#3]
put the front of the cover into the notch at the base of the gas block, and then hold it in place and slam it down with your hand..works for me
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys,I just soaked everything in gun scrubber so we'll so how it looks/goes back together in a little while.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks guys,I just soaked everything in gun scrubber so we'll so how it looks/goes back together in a little while.

Your probably trying to be to nice with it, smack it around like your Ike and its Tina......thats how you treat an AK.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
put the front of the cover into the notch at the base of the gas block, and then hold it in place and slam it down with your hand..works for me

That's what I do. Hold it in that position w/ one hand a hit the rear of the cover with the heal of my hand.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top