Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:49:09 PM EDT
I went to take off my compensator and now the pin is stuck. It is stuck in the closed position (so when I look at it from the side it looks like it is not there)

It is sitting in the safe right now with a little oil  driped on it. Maybe that will loosen it up

Any suggestions to fix this?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If the oil doesn't work then you may have to drive the cross pin out and check the spring.  Could just be binding, but may have broke.  Could be a metal filing/burr hanging it up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad said shooting it might work. Metal expands when it is hot. Hopefully enough to do it. I have never drove my cross pin out so that could be fun. I don't think it is broke because it is brand new and when I tip it over it doesn't come out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive had them pop out after firing and getting the barrel hot. Chinese guns are famous for that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Another good excuse to go to the range. I really think that will do it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot it and get it nice and hot. Thats what I have always done to get threadlock to loosen up so it should do the trick.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top