Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/21/2006 2:12:27 PM EDT

WASR-10 Romanian,paid $319 for it with 2 mags,sling,bayonet etc...

Now I've never owned an AK and honestly I don't know much about them,it was either buy this or spend more to get my RRA AR upper.

Thoughts/Comments

What can I do to this thing? What should I expect out of it,should I do a major cleaning on it to get the cosmoline out etc...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!  Hang out around the "dark side" for a while.  You'll get some ideas!

Regards,

Bud
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
clean it, and start shopping for a new stock.

buy a bunch of mags, a pile of ammo and shoot the hell out of it
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What's wrong with the folding stock? I paid $10 extra for that
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats and welcome to the dark side

I'm betting this won't be your first or only AK
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Ghetto,

Is that an Aim Surplus deal?

I've got one coming also so I want to know what to expect.

I've been reading this Romanian AK to learn all I can.

Good Shooting!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

most people who get them tend to dislike them after a little while, that and the tapco folders have some issues with breaking
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Ghetto,

Good Shooting!

I got it at a gun show and that's a great website,lots of useful info there,thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

most people who get them tend to dislike them after a little while, that and the tapco folders have some issues with breaking

Gotcha,I would like to change out the wood furniture on the front,maybe some black and tactiCOOL
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
or go full tilt nasty with an ace folder and some black synthetic up front
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Got any pics of that setup?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to "The Dark Side"!  There is no turning back now.  You will soon realize the mechanical superiority of the AK over everything else!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrads on the rifle. A good starter budget rifle. Enjoy and welcome, WarDawg

PS. What kinda RRA upper you look at getting.???
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got any pics of that setup?

www.riflestocks.com/AKStamped.htm

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I just bought my first Ak a couple a weeks ago, I freakin love it, I've fired my AR about, umm, wait, I haven't shot my AR since I got my AK..ha.haha.hahhahha.hahahahahahaa
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Congratulations!  Hang out around the "dark side" for a while.  You'll get some ideas!

Regards,

Bud

No one has mentioned the good part yet.  There is a guy on the board named Ken who has a
whole Harem  of Hot Single Women he spreads around to Us Dark Side Guys.

This is Ken's Receptionist, Wettie. He sent her over to my place just last week.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the same package a little while back. I don't think it liks hollow pionts very much. I havn't had any problems with the stock. It is the first of many that is for sure. I had mine for a month befor I got a second. Now I am looking for a third.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

16" A3 midlength.

I've found some great prices,I just need to buy it,I already have a finished lower.

Hopefully I can go shoot the AK next weekend,can't wait!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#19]

thats how my wasr-10 looked when i got it,....
i never like the way the stock felt when fired it,..
and mag wobble is not a problem with new mags.

but heres how mine looks now,..the wood is from a "G"kit

ive got a extra butt stock, top hand guard,. and vertical grip hand guard. let me know if you wanna trade for your regular handgards
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Cruizie27, you might have a problem with your U.S. parts count since you installed funiture from a kit.  Remeber you need the correct number of U.S. parts to keep your gun legal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

16" A3 midlength.

I've found some great prices,I just need to buy it,I already have a finished lower.

Hopefully I can go shoot the AK next weekend,can't wait!!

When your ready to order check out ADCo for RRA stuff. A board sponcer and at the time had the best price or as good as anybody else. I got the 16" enty  upper from them. LOVE IT............... Wardawg
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Get that greasy thing off the carpet! Kids!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Cruizie27, you might have a problem with your U.S. parts count since you installed funiture from a kit.  Remeber you need the correct number of U.S. parts to keep your gun legal.

Nothing like the parts count police. You know sometimes gun owners are there own worst enemies. People should really mind their own business.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing like the parts count police. You know sometimes gun owners are there own worst enemies. People should really mind their own business.

+1!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Regards,

Bud

No one has mentioned the good part yet.  There is a guy on the board named Ken who has a
whole Harem  of Hot Single Women he spreads around to Us Dark Side Guys.
img480.imageshack.us/img480/6425/sheneedsrest4yp.jpg

This is Ken's Receptionist, Wettie. He sent her over to my place just last week.

Man, that tree is the only thing keeping her from falling over.

wp
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks Great, Congratsand Enjoy
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:15:55 AM EDT
[#28]
welcome! enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see the big deal, it was a friendly reminder.  Some new folks here may not be aware of 922 or compliance issues.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Cruizie27, you might have a problem with your U.S. parts count since you installed funiture from a kit. Remeber you need the correct number of U.S. parts to keep your gun legal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see the big deal, it was a friendly reminder. Some new folks here may not be aware of 922 or compliance issues.

+1
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#31]
How do I check for canted sights and trigger slap?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:25:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ark-and-spark i'm not the police and i'm also not the one putting pics of an illegal gun on the web.  People new to AK's don't always know the stupid laws we have to deal with.  I was just trying to give a heads up, sorry if I offended you.  On second thought no i'm not, piss off.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice.  Congrats
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ark-and-spark i'm not the police and i'm also not the one putting pics of an illegal gun on the web.  People new to AK's don't always know the stupid laws we have to deal with.  I was just trying to give a heads up, sorry if I offended you.  On second thought no i'm not, piss off.

How do you know it's illegal? Im sure he has US followers, floor plates, FCG and gas piston. I'll keep to myself the rest of the nice things I have to say about people like you. If you really just wanted to send him a friendly reminder about how you cant mind your own fucking buisness parts count you could have taken it to I.M.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#35]
i like keeping my rifles compliant...but if one slips out...I dont worry about the men in black showing up to shoot me and my dog (i dont even have a dog)....I dont leave the house with a rifle thats not compliant however.  find me ONE case in which a rifle that wasnt compliant was used against someone in a court of law (unless they were gun runners, drug dealers or shot up a school)....regular joe schmoe who gets pulled over speeding...officer john doe isnt going to have him rip his rifle apart to prove its 922 compliant.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
How do I check for canted sights and trigger slap?

look down the top of the rifle and see if either of the sights seem to be tilted to the left or right.

for trigger slap, you're going to have to shoot it to find out, if your finger hurts after shooting, then you've got trigger slap.  look at the trigger group, if they say TAPCO USA then you're good to go, that is the G2 trigger group and is a good setup.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Welcome, now what you need is ammo. There is an ammo shortage right now so its gonna be a while until you can break in that rifle properly!
BUT, get mags while they are cheap and shoot it until you get the feel of the rifle!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Ammo is trickling in now. Sportmans Guide is stocked again. Got my case in a few days ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Ghetto,

Good Shooting!

I got it at a gun show and that's a great website,lots of useful info there,thanks!!

let me guess, you're in the Houston area....

any Academy in the Houston or probably TX area has a shelf full of Barnaul 7.62x39, stick with that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Ghetto,

Good Shooting!

any Academy in the Houston or probably TX area has a shelf full of Barnaul 7.62x39, stick with that.

Just a little South of Houston actually and I just came back from Academy and all they had was American Eagle for $7.95/20rds. Don't think so.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Ammo is trickling in now. Sportmans Guide is stocked again. Got my case in a few days ago.

They don't have any Wolf or Brown Bear
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This arrived last Thursday from SG:

Maybe they're just filling back orders first??
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Well I just put it together,sprayed some Tetra in it and the trigger feels MUCH better.

Here's a better pic

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This arrived last Thursday from SG:

xs64.xs.to/pics/06030/Dsc01321edrs.jpg

xs64.xs.to/pics/06030/Dsc01323edrs.jpg

Maybe they're just filling back orders first??

On their site it says that product won't be available until mid Feb

I can't wait that long!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#45]
another has joined the dark side
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#46]
The beauty of the AK, is that you don't do anything to them - except for blast the crap out of them.

Forget the notion of "accessorizing it"

that is the domain of the other Black rifle.

The most people generally buy for their AK's is ammo, mags, a sling, and a case to carry it in
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Well I just ordered 500rd of Wolf HP for $60.95 shipped. Won't be available until Feb 1 though
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I just got a romanian folding stock for my wasr and I really like it.  I think it cost 60 bucks maybe.  I got  it from copes dis.  I didn't want the crapco cause' I figured it would probably just snap in my hands.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Welcome to "The Dark Side"!  There is no turning back now.  You will soon realize the mechanical superiority of the AK over everything else!

"If only you knew the powerrrrr...of the dark side!  In my best Darth Vader voice!

You know, I like a woman with a nice "set," but those are a bit much for my taste!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Ghetto,

Good Shooting!

Just a little South of Houston actually and I just came back from Academy and all they had was American Eagle for $7.95/20rds. Don't think so.

they're out from time to time.  I stopped on the way back from the show at the one on 1960, they had just restocked, $2.85 a box of 20 rounds.  Can't beat that.  

call around the ones in Houston, you'll find one that has some.  That stuff does sell out fast though when they get it in.

-mark
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top