Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:33:35 AM EDT
I have one in my 74, the leather piece type.

Obviously the simplist answer would be for me to take it out and see, but I won't be going to the range again for weeks probably and wanted to see if anyone had the same experience.

When I shoot it, the stock seems to start making my cheek sore from the recoil, even though it's a 74 with a brake, and felt recoil is almost non existent.  Still feels like it's popping my cheek when I'm shooting off hand or on a bench.  My ARs don't do this, and I don't remember the WASR I had a while back doing this either.  Wondering if it's the recoil buffer.

thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have only used one Buffer technologies that came in my SSR85B from Global and I do run BlackJack buffers in a few of my others. It reduces it somewhat. Now mine are made of rubber type material. I would think if anything at all it would add more slap to your rifle. IMO , Good luck Wardawg
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
DAMN!!  Ak's were designed with Recoil buffers?!?!?

Great... now all my guns are missing parts!!!

What recoil buffers are you talking about?? What recoil???

Would they have not designed them into the gun if theythought it needed them??...

KYARGuy

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Information for you:
www.blackjackbuffers.com/
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
My .308 ate a blackjack buffer on the first range trip I took it on....Split it right in half.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never used a recoil buffer, but pretty sure the other 1,324,234,234... other ones that don't have them work just as well
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:45:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I persoanlly don't know if it helps anything at all. But we do have alot of $$$ in our rifles. I put one in there to see if there was a differance. Keeps the carrier from nailing the back trunion as hard ( I GUESS ) . All mine function 100% with them and they was cheap. If I they caused and stoppage I would toss it. None yet .. I have seen a couple of really loose rear trunions in my days and just thought it might help that ( maybe ) .  IMO WD
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I persoanlly don't know if it helps anything at all. But we do have alot of $$$ in our rifles. I put one in there to see if there was a differance. Keeps the carrier from nailing the back trunion as hard ( I GUESS ) . All mine function 100% with them and they was cheap. If I they caused and stoppage I would toss it. None yet .. I have seen a couple of really loose rear trunions in my days and just thought it might help that ( maybe ) .  IMO WD

I thought we put this "bolt carrier beating the rear "trunnion" to death" shit to bed already.  Watch this video and see how much the AK does not beat itself to death.

AK operation
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I first discovered the virtues of Buffertech recoil buffers for my GP WASR. When shooting fast, the recoil makes it difficult to maintain a sight picture and fire accurately. While using the PSOP4 it was very difficult to keep the sight picture and fire rapidly. The recoil buffer helps with this and makes the recoil action less violent and it makes rapid fire more accurate/controlable.
It also is very effective in AK74's. A SAR2 doesn't generate much recoil and adding the 74 compensator reduces it even more. Add a buffer into the mix and you can dump enitre 30 round magazines and still shoot accurately through your PSOP. Recoil buffers also make underfolders more comfortable to shoot. I don't have experience with blackjack buffers, I only use Buffertech buffers and I have them in all of my AK's. Im not sure how much of a difference you will feel slow firing, but during rapid fire, you will notice the weapon is more controllable.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top