Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:13:17 AM EDT
I am considering getting a top rail for my SLR 105 to take a holographic sight.  I have narrowed it down to an Ultimak or a First Samco handguard with a top rail sold buy Aim Surplus.  My concern with the Ultimak is heat on the sight electronics and the First Samco is the sight holding zero after repeated shots.  AK top hand guards do have some play.  Has anyone had experince with either of the two?  THANKS
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
anything will be a heat sink on rapir fire.  When I had an ultimak it worked fine.  OTher options would be BT, Krebs, Surefire, TDI - all make metal upper handguards to go with their lower handguards. more money, more stability though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I will respond to my own post after doing further research.  I found another thread where the First Samco upper hand guard was pictured with the warning that it will not hold zero.  I went ahead an ordered an Ultimak rail.  Based on what I read on the threads it will definitely hold zero. Heat should not be a problem unless I have a Class III etc.......DREAM ON $$$$
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Heres another option for you......
http://www.scoutscopes.com/index.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Heres another option for you......
http://www.scoutscopes.com/index.html

looks like a cheaper ACE sight.  I just got one of those, can't decide which rifle to put it on.  ACE sight omes with opening for AR rear flip sight though, and lets you use iron sights with mounted scope.  its a sweet piece.  bu botht eh ace and this scout model look complicated to install.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top