Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:55:07 PM EDT
Well I've been waiting quite awhile for one of the Yugo underfolders and everyone seems to be out, but yesterday I found seven of them at the Big Town Show. One still had Zastava markings! They sold out like hot cakes and even though they were $499 instead of $399...they were in stock and I got to pick my favorite. Schramm's may have some more.

Let me tell you about mine. Wood is perfect. Finish matches throughout although some areas near the underfolder trunion did not park well. Bore appears mint. Sights are straight. Bolt carrier is shiny, sear trip roughly ground off, (crappy job). Numbers do not match. RPK type receiver appears to be well made, all parts tight, safety lever leaves no gap. Underfolder is tight with no wobble. Yugo mag is great and a tight fit. Other mag was a rusty POS. Bayo and sling in good condition.

Put about 100 rds through it yesterday for function test and sighting in. No failures, went bang every time. It ate Wolf FMJ with no problems and the last magazine grouped at 4.37" at 100 yards, for 30 rounds with a reasonably strong cross wind.

I'm satisfied. Not the cleanest AK I've ever owned (Mint preban FEG...oh, I miss that one) but does what an AK is supposed to do.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What more could you ask for?
Congrats
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Got mine today from CFS, looks great. The bore looks nice and shiney but I think it's US made because the outside of the barrel doesn't quite look like my kits(small differences). Mine has the Zastava marking also.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
mine has very minimal up and down movement when stock is locked in out position,does anyone else? normal?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is pretty tight...maybe a millimeter or two.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
cool!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
This is actually starting to piss me off.   I got one of the Yugo kits from Centerfire.  Mine came with a realy nice bore, but the wood was screwed up top AND bottom.  I don't mean carved, I mean broken and with chunks out.  I PAID to get another lower and they send me one with 'custom' balkan camo drawn on with a magic marker.........Now I see all these guns with EXCELLENT wood, pisses me off.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top