Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:48:49 PM EDT
Went to the Mason/Dixon shoot here in PA for the first time (had a blast) and tried bumpfiring from the shoulder with my SLR-105a1R.  I never had enough 5.45 on hand to "waste" but Offctr was kind enough to sell me a case of his own.  It was the first time I got anything to bumpfire from the shoulder.  My AR and HK both have heavy triggers.  Just ask the guys that were at the shoot.  It was very easy to control and hit the target (5.45 and the 74 brake probably helped).  I emptied a few 45rnd RPK mags this way.  Don't have any pics but hopefully someone can post some pics.  I'm getting a lighter trigger for my M4!  Woohoo!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I've gotta learn how to bump fire,I tried it once and the empty cases kept hitting my finger.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Bumpfiring is on my list of favorite things to do. I need to try to bump from the shoulder next time I'm at the range.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I need to learn how to bump fire.  I have never been able to do it,somebody IM me with a how to will ya?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
this is the first time I ever tried it.  Takes practice.

media.putfile.com/AKbumpFire44
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
this is the first time I ever tried it.  Takes practice LOTS OF  MONEY.

media.putfile.com/AKbumpFire44

there, I fixed it for you
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you saying that it is responsible and accurate?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are you saying that it is responsible and accurate?

it's neither.  I probably won't ever do it again, unless I have crates of 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 on hand.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
It's fun to do if you're showing off for friends.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I put it in the same category as randomly shooting Roman candles or rockets. I think it is basically just a macho exercise in turning money into noise.
Yes, I think it's both reckless and inaccurate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I put it in the same category as randomly shooting Roman candles or rockets. I think it is basically just a macho exercise in turning money into noise.

Ask Offctr if its inaccurate.  Just depends on how much you practice.  He'd probably argue differently.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
It is a waste of money.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What? Are you some kinda responsible adult or something? I have seen some people lay down some seriously accurate bumpfiring.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Reckless? if you have a place to properly discharge a firearm, what is reckless about that? From what I've found, you just need to make sure that you keep the muzzel down. Inaccurate? I hit the target at least a few times when I bump a 40 round magazine. It's fun as hell too!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#14]
  Here is a friendly suggestion to anyone wanting to bump an AR.  Get an adjustable trigger, set your over-travel short, and lower the triggerpull to 2 or 3 lbs.  My 2 yr old son can bumpfire my suppressed 9mm, we're talk 30 rd dumps.    
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
  Here is a friendly suggestion to anyone wanting to bump an AR.  Get an adjustable trigger, set your over-travel short, and lower the triggerpull to 2 or 3 lbs.  My 2 yr old son can bumpfire my suppressed 9mm, we're talk 30 rd dumps.    

Your 2 year old son can bumpfire a gun? Whats he doing even shooting a gun?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top