Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:57:42 PM EDT
this piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to get the last pin in, and the shepards crook is pushing up on the pin so I can't get it lined up to go in..

I have GOT to get one of the RSA replacements!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a Vector, and I dont know if it has a oow receiver, so I don;t know which one to get

edited to shorten title!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Walk away from it. That's what I did. Picked it up the next day and it went together just fine.
Have a beer.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#2]
SHORTEN THE TITLE!!!!!!!

ETA:Thank you     Buy E-Clips, Sheperds crooks bite.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SHORTEN THE TITLE!!!!!!!

you cant have it the way you want it....................leave it be, let him vent.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a E clip or RSA shepard hook replacement. Im still stuborn and use the Shepard hook, If hadji can do it I sure can.

I have some E- clips maybe I will use them on the next build.

www.redstararms.com/

www.redstararms.com/uploads/retainer.pdf
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
where can you get e-clips?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
On the EE
ETA: That's the Equipment Excange
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Walk away from it. That's what I did. Picked it up the next day and it went together just fine.
Have a beer.....

+1,it always helps me!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the RSA shepard hook replacement, it's just so much easier than anything else ...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
if I had a few beers right now, I'd end up throwing this thing through the window..  haha  

I'm calming down, but I just ordered some e-clips from a dude on EE
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
The RSA plate will not work on some OOW receivers. It did not work on mine. I had  a vector also and had to  modify the plate to work on my vector. I even tried the OOW model from RSA but still did not work without modification.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Why do you have the shepard's crook in if the pins are not in place?

Put everything in first, then slip in the shepard's crook.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I got it!  had to push the retaining wire toward the center, then get the pin lined up and pushed through, then slide the wire back into the pin slot.   I'm never taking that thing apart again!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:43:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Next time, get the L-Shaped wire retainer.....super easy to install.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1 from Tapco or the RSA even though it doesn't work on all of mine either.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#16]
dont buy those E-clips on line- they can be bought from any Lowes or Home depot for like .05 cents a pop... I couldnt believe the people buying them off  the EE when they can get them locally so much easier
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
dont buy those E-clips on line- they can be bought from any Lowes or Home depot for like .05 cents a pop... I couldnt believe the people buying them off  the EE when they can get them locally so much easier

Crap!  Already ordered a few - $3 lesson learned I guess.  What section of home depot are they in?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1  The L shaped wires work better than any other.  You can make them yourself or get them at midwestarmory.com.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#19]
WRT "L shaped wires"... I THINK everyone means the Chinese Shepard Hook wires currently sold by Tapco.  And I agree.  I'm not generally a fan of Chinese Parts - but the PRC Shepards Hook that uses the selector to lock in place is the best damn part out there... they work in all AK variants, and are VERY easy to insert or remove...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap!  Already ordered a few - $3 lesson learned I guess.  What section of home depot are they in?

Get 6/32 "E"clips.  They are in the section with nuts and bolts.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top