Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:40:54 PM EDT
What kid of receiver lifespan can be expected from an older Vector Arms receiver that has the “selector gap” since from what I have read they are not heat treated?

Is there any way to fix the “selector gap” (short of using a new receiver) and does Vector consider the gap to be a warrantable item?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I think without heat treating they only last 100,000 rnds...Junk

ETA: If its a ITM/OOW receiver, the gap is caused my the selector hole being a little bit off...not an issue.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
!!!!

Yea I have one of them Vectors and on round 101,000 I will switch out my receiver.

I dont care about the gap, but I never heard about the lack of heat treating??? Oh well if I put 100,000 rds through it in the next 5 yrs I will just send it back.

Im sure by then it will be my sons AK

FREE

Quoted:
I think without heat treating they only lat 100,000 rnds...Junk

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the info about the heat treating is not correct, I read it here in the US receiver review: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=93&t=70695

It says: "Another big down fall of the Vulcan is the lack of any heat treating"

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
vulcan is not vector
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, I stand corrected, I was under the impression that one was making receivers for the other.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top