Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/15/2006 1:22:31 PM EDT
This is what it shoudl look like, but there is no more bayonet, and the lugs have been ground off.  It is NIB, with a thumbhole stock.  Receiver is straight-cut, and like I said, it is unfired.  Wood is in excellent, and the lower handguard has the groove for the bayo.

1)  Can I get a replacement fsb with the bayo and lugs to put back on it?
2)  Where to find original stock and pistolgrip?

3)  Do I have to replace just about every gad-damn internal part to put the original stuff back on and keep it compliant?

It looks exactly like this, muzzlenut is spot weled, no bayo and lugs are ground off, thumbhole stock.

I won't say what I got it for, you all would hate me for sure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
NICE Score! I have always wanted one of those bayo folding AKs.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There was no bayonet or bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
the correct chinese front sight block/ folding bayo lug is so hard to find I personally think you're better off just getting a preban.

But either way go here http://www.polytechparts.com/ for original polytech AK parts.  

Yes you will need to have a sufficient number of US made parts in order to keep your AK compliant.

That said, I think you're better off keeping it as is.  One of the awesome things about the chinese AKs is their trigger, and if you switch those out you obvoiusly won't have that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank guys.  Stupid 922r, it's rediculous.  Let's say one of these is preban, that would cost over $1250 I assume, where as this was about $1000 less.  So stupid.

Damn your 922r, damn you to hell!

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
About that whole mag thing, does that mean I can only use the mag with the US floorplate and follower, and then when I take the mag out to reload, am I "momentarily" illegl (2 less US parts for a few moments)?

This is such a joke.  Who elected the guy who passed this stupid law anyway, sheesh.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
  Go ahead and do the conversion. I got a MaK 90 ( Milled ) and doinf the same thing. Except bayo spike.  A set of Iron wood furniture, mag follower and floor plate. Good luck and congrads... WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
About that whole mag thing, does that mean I can only use the mag with the US floorplate and follower, and then when I take the mag out to reload, am I "momentarily" illegl (2 less US parts for a few moments)?

This is such a joke.  Who elected the guy who passed this stupid law anyway, sheesh.....

You will still be legal. The law reads that there is max # of certain imported parts allowed, not a minimun # of US parts required.With the mag out of the gun you have 3 less of the listed imported parts in your gun( mag body,follower,floor plate).
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Not legal in WA. but who cares cept for me

Quoted:

Quoted:
One of the awesome things about the chinese AKs is their trigger, and if you switch those out you obvoiusly won't have that.

+1

The Chinese FCG is very nice.

RSA Gas Piston = 1
US Furniture = 3
US Muzzle Break = 1
US Mag Follower = 1
US Mag Plate = 1

There you go................keep the Chinese FCG.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will still be legal. The law reads that there is max # of certain imported parts allowed, not a minimun # of US parts required.With the mag out of the gun you have 3 less of the listed imported parts in your gun( mag body,follower,floor plate).

hasoooo.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]
You can't have over 10 imported parts.  When you remove the mag you reduce the number of improted parts by one also, the mag body.  I agree with Krinkfreak, I would use US furniture and keep that great Chinese trigger.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Agreed.  The trigger in my MAK and the trigger in the PolyTech are by far some of the best triggers I've felt on an AK.  The pistons, mag followers and floorplares, and the furniture go, on both of them, the triggers stay.  Ironwood for the Mak and (undecided) for the PolyTech.

Possibly a US slant brake for the PolyTech.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#14]
My old MAK-90 had more slap than the G2 in my 74, and two of my SARs.

I'd rather have a G2 and the ability to legally use any mag I can find.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Homeland,

I just saw a LNIB Polytech today just like the one in the photo.  It had original box and all accessories.  The guy was asking $850.   I am sure he would have negociated.  Keep looking, there are alot out there.  Best of luck.

vato
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was no bayonet or bayonet lug.

Sorry I saw the pic and scanned over the words.

I still want one....one day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My old MAK-90 had more slap than the G2 in my 74, and two of my SARs.

I'd rather have a G2 and the ability to legally use any mag I can find.

No kidding, I have a MAK-90 with more slap than Rick James, I would evaluate the trigger before replacing.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top