Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:38:28 AM EDT
Hello All,

I need help finding a new or like new post ban ( no lug or flash hider ) Arsenal SA M7 . jI've been looking and everyone is selling the new Arsenal SA M7s with the threaded barrel, lug and flash hider. If any could point me in the right direction, I would be very greatful.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#2]
EDIT: I saw your in NY, no lug or threads ...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
You might want to wait for the Arsenal stamped rifles in 7.62 to come out.  According to their website one model will be ban compliant.  I live in Jersey so I'm in the same boat.

Arsenal might also release a small batch of post-ban milled rifles for states like NY.  They did so in September of last year and I was fortunate to get one.  My post-ban SA M-7 carbine was built in September of 2005.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm A Leo and I can have what NY calls a "Assault Weapon", but when I retire, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I was thinking of getting a new SA M7 and having the lug removed along with the barrel threads, but I'd rather get a post ban SA M7.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm A Leo and I can have what NY calls a "Assault Weapon", but when I retire, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I was thinking of getting a new SA M7 and having the lug removed along with the barrel threads, but I'd rather get a post ban SA M7.

Dont have the threads ground off, just have the muzzle device welded on. Once it's permanently attached, it's part of the barrel and its not considered to have threads.

Although, isnt there a thing in NY that says once an assault weapon, always one and you must start from a post ban?

Thought i heard that before, i dont know.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#6]

I sent you a email, I have one if you are interested.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont have the threads ground off, just have the muzzle device welded on. Once it's permanently attached, it's part of the barrel and its not considered to have threads.

Although, isnt there a thing in NY that says once an assault weapon, always one and you must start from a post ban?

Thought i heard that before, i dont know.

NY has the same ban as the old Federal one. In NY you can have a rifle that would be called an Assault Weapon as long as it is converted to a post ban rifle, and one doesn't take possession of said weapon until the conversion is complete. One would also have to make sure that a weapon they wanted to be converted, was not on the NY list of weapons that are banned my name such at a Colt AR15 manufactured after 09/13/94.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#8]
if you take a "evil" rifle and make it ban compliant, its STILL not compliant...it has to come from the factory in ban compliance form.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
If one orders a "assault weapon"  from their ffl, and their ffl modifies the weapon so it complies with the NY regulations the weapon is in compliance and thus legal to own . I've spoken to the NYSP firearms division and confirmed that a weapon can be converted. The only catch is that one can not take possession of any weapon until it is in compliance with the NY law ( PL265.00 ), and if the weapon is banned by name such as a "Colt AR15" and manufactured after 09/13/94 it would be unlawful to possess it if you are a non-leo. For example, one  ( a non-leo ) could have their ffl order a new Arsenal SA M7, and before taking possession of it, have their ffl cut off the lug, and remove the barrel threads or even perm. attach a muzzle brake, and one would have a NY legal post ban weapon. On the other hand, one could NOT order a Colt Tactical carbine ( model 6721 ) and convert it, because it is marked AR-15 A3 and thus banned by name.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hello All,

I need help finding a new or like new post ban ( no lug or flash hider ) Arsenal SA M7 . jI've been looking and everyone is selling the new Arsenal SA M7s with the threaded barrel, lug and flash hider. If any could point me in the right direction, I would be very greatful.

Thanks,

If you look in the "Equipment Exchange" under 'AK Rifles,' "HunterRose" has an SLR-95 for sale.  I think it MAY be post-ban.  There is no visible bayonet lug.  Looks like a muzzle brake on the weapon, but unknown if it's permanently attached.  

It's practically a SA M-7.  A quality gun for $520.00!

I just sold a post-ban Gordon Tech on the boards.  Too bad we missed each other.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks I'll check it out!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top