Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:35:16 PM EDT
What is the best AK out there...Is it a VEPR?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
What constitues "best"?

accuracy
price
authenticity to original design
extra goodies/flair

what?

Vepr rifles are real nice. Best out of the box? sure. But the stock is gay. I think the hardware is too PC for me...especially post Sept 2005.

And I dont need an RPK receiver to close/tighten my 7.62x39 AK groups from 4" to 3" at 100 yards.........so..........

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#2]
No Arsenal,IBTGVM (In Before The Georgia Vepr Mafia)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think there is one BEST AK out there.  The difference I have noticed with the firearms of The Dark Side is that it is a whole culture.  The VEPR is definitely well made and probably the most accurate AK out there.  It is also heavy compared to a traditional AK.  They use the 1.6 mm receiver and a heavier barrel.  They also don't accept alot of AK goodies...well, at least not without modifications.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IBTGVM (In Before The Georgia Vepr Mafia)

Vepr><Arsenal

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
For the guns who need no introduction
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep. Gay Ass stock right there....lol

oh shit. Here comes those mafioso guys!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vepr>tinypic.com/k4y2y8.gif<Arsenal

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
the stock isn't that bad, I like the skeletonized version better.

Biggerstick, sorry about that in the EE.  I was just jealous.  Enjoy that sweet weapon, and post a range report.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the stock isn't that bad, I like the skeletonized version better.

Biggerstick, sorry about that in the EE.  I was just jealous.  Enjoy that sweet weapon, and post a range report.

-mark

No problem Mark, and I will! I have a brand new POSP Pro waiting on it!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#10]
VEPRs rule, period.  They are the Mt Everset of AKs for us civis in the US.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#11]
That's Everest....You must be from West Texas.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's Everest....You must be from West Texas.....

Nope, Southeast side.  I wish I could post my gang sign.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vepr>tinypic.com/k4y2y8.gif<Arsenal

that is so wrong.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#14]
It depends what you're looking for. The VEPR is very solid, extremely well built and really accurate.
I have it and I love it. I have an SA M7-R that is, IMO, slightly lower ranked in all the three areas listed above.
If you like the classic AK look, with wood, and kinda rough, you might like other AKs around there (too long to list).

- Ice
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Arsenal SA M5s 5.56x45

the 5,45x39 and 7.62x39 rifles look just as good.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#16]
VEPRs are excellent rifles, even if they are heavy and not true to spec for an authentic AK.

Here's mine:

However, for authentic handling and historical representation, I prefer my Chinese AK-47S.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Gay stock with the even more gay Saiga type forend...

BLECH!!!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Veprs are teh suck. If only I could get 1 of each I'd be set for life and a go happy trigger pack.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone else think the VEPR stocks look gey in photos but pretty good in person? I dont htink my VEPR is ugly at all, but all photos I see of it are ugly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#20]
The whole reason I got my first Vepr was because how much better the factory stock shoulderd on me than the traditional munchkin stock shouldered on me. Then I realized how accurate it was. If your criteria is price, accuracy, and you do not like the regular AK stocks the Vepr is the BEST. My second choice would be a Bulgarian rifle with an ACE stock. BECAUSE THE TRADITIONAL STOCKS LOOK GAY.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:40:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Veprs are teh suck. If only I could get 1 of each I'd be set for life and a go happy trigger pack.

Wow, You are the first person that I have ever heard say the most accurate, durable and best made AK on the markes are "Teh Suck" Shows what you know. Must be a wasr owner
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The whole reason I got my first Vepr was because how much better the factory stock shoulderd on me than the traditional munchkin stock

That's because VEPR's are for full grown men. I will get a traditional Arsenal for my son. But once he hits puberty I will have to get him a VEPR, and he can pass the Arsenal down to his siter.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gay stock with the even more gay Saiga type forend...

BLECH!!!

KyARGuy

I bet you gag everytime there is something long, black and gay in the room, huh?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:08:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Arsenal SA M5s 5.56x45

img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/cruzie27/AK%20family/SAM5s233mag.jpg

the 5,45x39 and 7.62x39 rifles look just as good.

That does look great, I bet my grandmother would be very happy with something like that! (She is kind of old, and has a problem shooting a heavier rifle in a real caliber.)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#25]

I bet you gag everytime there is something long, black and gay in the room, huh?

Come to think you mafia boys in Georgia might like that stock because it does kind of look like
the neck of a banjo...Mafia?? Georgia??  Funny shit.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Come to think you mafia boys in Georgia might like that stock because it does kind of look like
the neck of a banjo...Mafia?? Greogia??  Funny shit.

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

the neck of a banjo...Mafia?? Greogia??  Funny shit.

KyARGuy

Being from Kentucky you have no room to be talking about about banjos there "Daniel Boone"

And thats GEORGIA there genious....."If you walk your kids to school.....Cause your in the same grade, You might be a redneck"
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#28]
touchy touchy
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Being from Kentucky you have no room to be talking about about banjos there "Daniel Boone"

Actually not from here. From CHICAGO origonally...im sure you have heard of it if you are in the mafia...

And thats GEORGIA there genious....."if you walk your kids to school.....Cause your in the same grade, You might be a redneck"

And that's GENIUS there GENIUS...

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Man, as soon as I saw the word VEPR I knew this thread would go to shit, LOL ...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Man, as soon as I saw the word VEPR I knew this thread would go to shit, LOL ...

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Actually not from here. From CHICAGO origonally...im sure you have heard of it if you are in the mafia...

And thats GEORGIA there genious....."if you walk your kids to school.....Cause your in the same grade, You might be a redneck"

And that's GENIUS there GENIUS...

KyARGuy

Figures......Another yankee transplant posing as a southerner

And dont hate cause you cant be part of the GVM........I geuss you could be part of the K.Y. Mafia though
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top