Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/13/2006 8:17:56 AM EDT
I put a Chikom underfolder (new) on my "de-banned" MAK-90. It fits, works and looks great. The only problem is it is a little crooked. Looking down the barrel from the rear, the right side is pushed in more than the left side. This causes that side to hit the mag when I work the stock. it also sort of hits the lower handguard where it shouldn't. Is there an easy fix for this or do I just live with it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
with it locked in the exteded position, is the "U" butt not completely vertical in alignment with the vertical receiver axis? That is to say, is the trunnion installed incorrectly where one side is higher than the other in the receiver, or are you your arms just torqued a bit but the trunnion is in alignment correctly?  I bet if you just gave a twist to the "U" butt when it was in the exteded position you could compensate
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
with it locked in the exteded position, is the "U" butt not completely vertical in alignment with the vertical receiver axis? That is to say, is the trunnion installed incorrectly where one side is higher than the other in the receiver, or are you your arms just torqued a bit but the trunnion is in alignment correctly?  I bet if you just gave a twist to the "U" butt when it was in the exteded position you could compensate

I will have to try that. I am not sure if the trunnion is installed correctly or not. It is a MAK-90 underfolder so it came as is short of the underfolder stock itself. Thanks for the info!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top