Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/12/2006 12:21:57 PM EDT
Can you bake sweet potato's in the microwave the same way you bake baking potato's?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, and they're still good.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can, my local grocery (kroger) sells them indivdualy wrapped in plastic, all you do is stick it in the microwave and viola you got a orange sweet potato. =)~
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Guys!

Strange weather,70 degrees today and calling for snow showers tomorrow night,thought I'd slap a couple thick ribeyes on the grill,sautee some mushrooms and onions and bake sweet potatos!If all goes well,I may even get lucky tonight!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Get lucky? Come on bro i dont want to hear that, you need to train your woman! lol Give it to her good brother, do the best you possibly can to please her and she'll give it up everynight. I'm a lucky man i get it twice a day
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL,I did too when I was your age,I think my Wife is aging faster than I am!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Make sure you put butter and brown sugar on them after they are done.

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
how old are you anyways, I'm 31
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn,I wish you had'nt asked that...........................................I'm 44
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#10]
There is no substitue to baking sweet potatoes...............

Cannot attain good carmelization of brown sugar, with or w/o marshmallows in oven. Microwave is for re-heating plate of food. And for Microwavable packaged food.

Martha Says...FUCK NO! LOL.....my wife just said that...LOL

BAKEDBAKEDBAKEDBAKEDBAKEDBAKEDBAKEDBAKEDBAKEDBAKEDBAKED

fuggin yummy
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#11]
If you are doing the grill thing, try slicing the potato lengthwise in 3/8-1/2" thick slices, swab with olive oil, sprinkle with a taste of Garlic granules,  and cook then right on the grill.
Keep them turning and rotating around the grill to keep them even, and they do take longer to cook than the meat, so I start them and when they are close I move them to the top rack and cook the meat below.

Great stuff.

I take my turn at the cooking duty which keeps my sweetie happy also. Like others I consider myself fortunate because she see's to it that I get as lucky as this (almost) 56 year old body can take.
I can't be doing too bad though, because my son is always complaining that " I think my old man is getting more action than I am!" (:-) I'm pretty sure that I am too!)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey Rain,I have'nt seen you in a while!Thanks for the tip,I'll try that next time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Make sure that if you're baking them in the oven, you put some foil under them.  Baked sweet potatoes have a distressing tendency to bust open and dribble everywhere.  They're gooooooooooooood though.

Thank You Mam,..................er........ah.....I hope you did'nt read the other posts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thanks Guys!

Strange weather,70 degrees today and calling for snow showers tomorrow night,thought I'd slap a couple thick ribeyes on the grill,sautee some mushrooms and onions and bake sweet potatos!If all goes well,I may even get lucky tonight!

we seem to have that same damn weather forcast....except a balmy 54 .... Tomorrow 30 and snow....crap I have to drive an hour and visit some clients... damn snow!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top