Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 8:42:54 AM EDT
Just found out that the mint yugo kits will be here in a couple of days (7.62kits). Here's the good news all of you that have pre ban yugos your guns should sky rocket in price. And the bad (did everyone get the KY yet?) The price is $599.00. Hell I can afford it but there is now way in hell I will pay that much. I really want a yugo so I guess I will just find the best beater I can. So much for holding out and waiting. I guess these people are trying to retire of the last batch of kits.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to see everyone refuse to buy them at that price, but it wont happen.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
No shit, Complete gun prices on just the kit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats insane. Literally insane.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy crap!  That makes my two Centerfire kits look all that much better.

Imagine galling the barrel with a kit at that price.  I think I would cry!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like fair price for an mint RPK. Are you sure these are AK?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I was told stamped ak's in 7.62 just like the .223 kits that are here now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
$599.

that's almost the price for some of the custom builds on the used Yugo kits that have good barrels.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I won't pay it...that's getting too close to making it a better buy to get a preban.

They are probably charging so much because they won't have very many to sell...they can always find a few suckers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#9]

I have $250.00 into my Yugo underfolder kit and that's incuding a fresh Hot Blueing
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hell,I'm insane but I'll pass on this one!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey Johno, I guess I will be doing like you said and buying a decent used one. Where did you get your 2 and what was the bore like.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I was lucky on my underfolder kit,Troy [In Range] let me hand pick it on my last trip to his shop,I paid extra from Centerfire Systems for a hand select on my fixed stock kit,the bore is dark with some minor pitting but the rifling is strong and the throat looks good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't want to find me a good underfolder for a grenade launcher do you? Not a straight up trade just find one with a nice bore and get the launcher for your work.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Expensive, but what did people expect?

Remember, there is a difference between a new made gun and a used POS that is being sold for the price of scrap.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell,I'm insane but I'll pass on this one!

Arent we all...

Afterall, it comes with the Kalashnikovitis.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah but it is still a kit. Hell for the same price or less I'll go buy another preban.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Don't want to find me a good underfolder for a grenade launcher do you? Not a straight up trade just find one with a nice bore and get the launcher for your work

Troys shop is about a two hour drive for me,and I don't know if he still has any kits left.I'll ask next time I call.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Johno.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yeah but it is still a kit. Hell for the same price or less I'll go buy another preban.

Yes, but a kit costs the same as a rifle from the production standpoint/cost from the factory.

The extra cost of having them demilled probably evens out the cost versus a custom design semi.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#20]
So your saying the kit is worth that much when they where selling for 200-300 a couple of months ago. It doesn't cost that much they are just trying to make that much more. New polish 200, New bulgarian 300, New bulgarian guns 400. I don't see the extra money. I'm not trying to argue with you but I just hate people trying to get everything they can out of you.

ETA: These are normally surplus so they would rather get some money back then none, they aren't making them just for us. So the price should be less.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Whats the Yugo M92 krink kits going for now?  I have two posted in EE for $535.00 shipped.  maybe I should hold onto it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Makes me feel good about buying an M92 kit for $479 and a Ding and Dent special from Centerfire,  it had a romanian barrel with a non-matching bolt and a yugo underfolder for $149. The bore is in excellent shape, unfortunately I still haven't gotten around to attempt to build either one. Seeing that the Romanian is going to be my first build.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So your saying the kit is worth that much when they where selling for 200-300 a couple of months ago. It doesn't cost that much they are just trying to make that much more. New polish 200, New bulgarian 300, New bulgarian guns 400. I don't see the extra money. I'm not trying to argue with you but I just hate people trying to get everything they can out of you.

ETA: These are normally surplus so they would rather get some money back then none, they aren't making them just for us. So the price should be less.

They are making them just for the parts kit market..

Do you think that a Nation's Army is going to sell off current issued (of Serbian Army) weapons that are in new condition at a loss?

ETA-

Plus, on the world market, Yugos are a bit more expensive then other nations. When the last of the Yugo thumbhole guns were being sold (mid 90s) they were about $600 in the pages of the Shotgun news. At the time, Bulgarians and Romanians were about $225 at gunshows, and Hungarians were $325.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Why not? Why would they go to the trouble of building the gun and then cutting it up to use for parts. Why not just sell parts (cheaper than building it and demilling). Also with the millions of AK's out there you dont think there is surplus. My question is Why are romy kits 89$ and yugo's are 600$ (it doesn't cost the serbs that much more to make them.)

ETA: They know they wont be able to sell the kits to us like they could in the past so I guess they will sell what ever they got as quick as they can and possibly at cost or near cost.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Why not? Why would they go to the trouble of building the gun and then cutting it up to use for parts. Why not just sell parts (cheaper than building it and demilling). Also with the millions of AK's out there you dont think there is surplus. My question is Why are romy kits 89$ and yugo's are 600$ (it doesn't cost the serbs that much more to make them.)

They could of already been built, standing by in the factory warehouse. Or they were imported as complete rifles and demilled here. Sure its much easier on the import and export side to import 100 ea rifles, s/n 1, 2, 3, etc versus listing every single bit and piece on the paperwork.

Also, from a build point of view, you want kit from a demilled rifle, not just a box of parts. Not only will the parts be already fitted, drilled, etc but you get a weapon that was actually test fired. So you know it works. When the Bulgarian spare parts Krink kits were coming in, some builders actually figured out that the Bulgarians were sending out of spec factory seconds.

And again, you are comparing used and/or surplus rifles ($89 Romanian) that is just being sold for quick cash to a rifle that is coming new from the factory. Not the same. Plus again, the Yugos charge more for their rifles. If you ever visit the two places you will see why. Labor costs. While both are poor shitholes, Romanian is even poorer.

ETA- I will admit though that some importers (especially the one that ORF seems to buy from; Either them direct, or Vulcan/Hesse) do gouge. For example, Yugo RPDs, and RPKs are being sold on the German commercial market for about the same price (or not much more then) as the standard AKs are. In fact, its actually cheaper to buy a Yugo RPK/ RPD in civilian form (deact) here then it is in the US (kit).. This is very weird, as the standard cost for an AK in deact form is 2-4x what an demilled AK will sell for in the US. By this logic, the Yugos are not charging much, if any more (extra cost probably eaten by extra shipping costs) for surplus RPKs and RPDs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#26]
They will try a $600 price tage, but I guess in a few monthes it will be $400, look at the Yugo Rpks you can find those cheaper than $500.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Stottman, I understand what you are saying and I'm not disagreeing with the fact that one already built and demilled is more desirable to me and others or the fact that labor costs are more. But if they are built and not used then sold off, that should make them surplus. As far as the romanians they are supposed to me new and unfired like some of the bulgarians and yugo m92, polish etc. What I'm saying is that these people are insane. They will tell you it is because of express shipping by plane getting ours bumped to the front of the line etc. But all it is, is price gouging. The yugo rpk's were 500-600 now you can find them under 400. I was just letting the people know they where here and if they feel like taking it in the ass go buy one
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#28]
centerfire just said in the EE that there will be 5 semi trailers of "stuff" coming in........i expect it will be soon.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Stottman, I understand what you are saying and I'm not disagreeing with the fact that one already built and demilled is more desirable to me and others or the fact that labor costs are more. But if they are built and not used then sold off, that should make them surplus. As far as the romanians they are supposed to me new and unfired like some of the bulgarians and yugo m92, polish etc. What I'm saying is that these people are insane. They will tell you it is because of express shipping by plane getting ours bumped to the front of the line etc. But all it is, is price gouging. The yugo rpk's were 500-600 now you can find them under 400. I was just letting the people know they where here and if they feel like taking it in the ass go buy one

The guns are NOT surplus, they are direct from the factory. Not some Gov't storehouse.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Why not just buy a new WASR then trash the reciever for an Ohio Ordnance??
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:25:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Don't buy them and you don't have to worry about it.

Just like the Romanian folding stocks, if you don't want to pay the price, don't buy.  They have so many of them right now, if they get stuck with them, the price will come down.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:13:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I wish someone would quit trying to justify the price.. I belive these importers are rasing the prices sky high, on the wings of the so called barrel ban.. Knowing full well that their buisness is destine to to take a hugh hit, they are trying to pad the bank accounts to ride it out..

They can keep the damn kits at that price, maybe they can figure a way to wipe their asses with them or something..

At $599 for this kit, I'll buy another AR15..
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I wish someone would quit trying to justify the price.. I belive these importers are rasing the prices sky high, on the wings of the so called barrel ban.. Knowing full well that their buisness is destine to to take a hugh hit, they are trying to pad the bank accounts to ride it out..

They can keep the damn kits at that price, maybe they can figure a way to wipe their asses with them or something..

I am not trying to justify the price, just explain it away.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:08:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Hey man, this is what capitalism is all about.   Isn't called the law of supply and demand.

Seriously though, at those prices, it will be a cold day in hell before I buy a new Yugo kit.   Maybe, someone posts "tenative" prices to get a reaction out of the market ie.(us), the  importers readjust so they don't look so bad and make more sales.  Just a thought.

lol
-vato
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:34:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

+1..Or get a Arsenal SA M7 carbine shipped to you for another $100...Or a great condition Mac 90 or  SAR and have some money left for some ammo...This is why I'm done with kits and builds, I'd rather have a complete rifle built on  the receiver it is supposed to be...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#38]
LOL, for $599 I could probably  buy a $79 Yugo Kit, Receiver, U.S. parts, and pay to have a barrel custom machined to replace the sewer pipe on and still come out with $100 in my pocket!

These kits will come WAY down in price after they can't move any for several months.  Not with $99 and $109 Romy kits still flooding the market.  I can build 2-3 Romy kits up into complete rifles for the price of just one of the 'new' Yugo kits!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#39]
better buy some of the cheap kits before its to late.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top