Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2006 4:55:11 PM EDT
Where did you buy your last receiver and how did you like it as far as fit? I think I'm going to get a Eubanks frmo DPH. What are the pros and cons of drilled vs. nondrilled trunion holes?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
OOW 5.45, and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought four Global receivers. The last two had the manufactures lago and serial number on the receiver bottom foward of the mag well. One was a 5.45 for a wood stock AK74, and the other was for a new under fold kit in 7.62. The folder will be replaced with a laminated stock set.  These two receiver had a custom serial number to match my kits. I also bought an Eubank AK receiver in 7.62 for a new underfold kit. All the turnion holes were not drilled, because I wanted a gunsmith to fit it without any gaps.
Everything looked good on both the Global and Eubank except... I do not like the Global mag dimples, and the Eubank only comes in 7.62.

Mikie
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I just received my order from Jokin' and it was for three underfolders and two AMD's. This is after building on about 5 or 6 of their "regular" AKM units. All were/are fine. I am waiting right now for my shipment to arrive (FINALLY) from Global for SEVEN custom numbered 5.45 receivers. They both work great for me. My 2¢
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys where can I get a good stamped receiver made for an under folder or side folder , I have been looking around but don't know who to go with or where to order one?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The last receiver I bought was one of Firing Line's side-folding MLS99's.  It's a beauty.  I just have this thing about milled receivers, though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top