Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 9:37:19 AM EDT
I am trying to order 3 Romy kits.   The website says they are no longer $109 reagrdless of the price on the Romy page.  When I go to checkout it shows the price still as $109.  Whats the deal?  Should I just hit confirm and hope they will not charge me out the ass or what? I've dropped them a line but no response as of yet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak to the price issue, but I've had good dealings with them on parts kits, and on getting called back.  Give them a day or so, as I believe this is an "evening" job.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can't speak to the price issue, but I've had good dealings with them on parts kits, and on getting called back.  Give them a day or so, as I believe this is an "evening" job.

Yeah its been a couple days.  Saw Steve post the other day about how they are backed up at the moment.  I might just hit buy and hope he sends me an email if the billing will change.  They can't charge my card more than $109 can they?  At most they'll just drop my order?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
DPH arms is good to deal with. My only problem was with my last  order, ordered a mtaching set but the recoil spring was a different number than the rest of the kit. Good other than that.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#4]
i think it's a typo, i think he meant all kits are now (instead of NOT) $109.  Scott posted over at Gunco that they are currently in stock and selling at $109.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have bought a lot from DPH. One of my first purchases was a couple G-2 triggers a while back. Later that afternoon I got email from Scott letting me know the price for them would be less than what was sent to cart since he had just lowered it. Can't complain about that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I've gone ahead and ordered 3 kits.  Getting a big check on Thursday.  Thinking of picking up a few more then.  I want a few kits on hand so I can putz with them at will.  Was thinking of getting a '74 kit as well.  Are '74s worth getting into?  For the price of one kit I could get two 47 kits.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:18:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info everyone.  Kits may be ten bucks cheaper through other places but I hear you're a good guy so don't mind handing out a few extra pennies for it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
You have to repsect a businessman who is honest enough to tell you someone else is selling the kits for a bit cheaper. IMHO $109 for a kit + great service and communication is a better deal than $99 and a crapshoot if things aren't right.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I can tell you right now I won't hesitate a minute before buying more kits and my recievers from DPH.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You have to repsect a businessman who is honest enough to tell you someone else is selling the kits for a bit cheaper. IMHO $109 for a kit + great service and communication is a better deal than $99 and a crapshoot if things aren't right.

Great service is RIGHT!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw Scott last saturday and I have to say that the rommies he is selling for $109 are probably the nicest ,cleanest, kits I have seen! anyone who has ordered one(or 2) will vouch for this I'm sure!but hurry,because I think he's selling them steadily!!Honest, dependable, and straight forward is what you get from DPH arms.
What else can you ask for!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I think I'm going to be asking for 3 more I figure if they're nice kits may as well stock up for once I start getting building.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Can't go wrong with DPH kits.  They are the best quality kits on the market.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#15]
DPH Arms

Scott is highly recommended.  Great guy!  Thanks Scott!

-Instante
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Just in case Scott chimes in again.  How long am I looking at for orders to get shipped?  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#17]
He treated me better than I had a right to expect.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Amen!!!  I ordered two from Scott and his service is first rate.  I'm impressed, and I have sang praises to every one about the quality of my kits, and the wonderful service (isnt that right Weasle?)  Happy camper here Scott.  Keep up the good work.  I plan on being a re-peat customer when I'm finished with these.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I have ordered 3 Romy kits and 1 Tantal kit from Scott in addition to G2 FCG's, springs, and a safety selector.  Everything was in top notch condition.  I just ordered another Romy kit to keep in reserve. I wish Scott would stock GT receivers and maybe DCI ones. Short story.  I ordered the Romy kits weeks apart.  First one to see what it was like.  Liked what I received so I ordered 2 more.  When I examined the two latest kits I found that one of them had the previous serial number to the first one I had purchased. However Scott denies he did that on purpose.  Talk about luck of the draw.
You will not be disappointed with DPH.  Great service and great products. I wish more dealers were like him. I intend to do a lot more business with him in the future.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I got my 3 Romy kits yesterday from the man in the brown truck.  They look better than I though.  Two of them have the paper stuffed in the barrel.  All came with slant brakes and cleaning rod.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Scott i.e. DPH,

Any chance yuo will be getting anymore nice Yugo RPK kits in?  I know you had them back in November, but that was before I knew anything about kits.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys, I'm completely new to the AK47 andI just came across the DPH Arms website advertising the AK47 kit you have been talking about for $109.

I have a few questions about the kit, and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but does the kit make a complete AK47 or will there be additional parts I need to purchase? Will this be a high capacity rifle? Also, how does this kit differ from the  Romanian AK-47 Kit and G2 Trigger Group Combo? If this is cosidered hijacking a thread, I apologize - it just seemed an appropriate place to ask. Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:05:04 AM EDT
[#26]
You will need to buy a reciever to attach the parts kit to.  Then you need to buy compliance parts.  It's not too bad of a deal for the kit and G2 combo.  The G2 is a trigger, sear, and hammer.  That's three parts out of 5 needed for 922 compliance.  Reciever is one more so buy a piston and you're set.  Just peruse through the threads here, you'll learn lots.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top