Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:05:59 PM EDT
Hi!

What other projects have you bastages started lately?  Here in WI it's too cold to use my sand blaster.  So, my Maadi ARM is sitting in pieces on my safe.  Good news is Glen Riddle (magnum gunsmithing) replaced my gas piston with a us compliant one and gun koted the carrier for $35  ... Soon that maadi will proudly be displayed in the Egyptian section.  

Has anyone purchased any of those RPK74 kits from ORF?  Are ALL the pices there?  I hope so for between 1200-1500 bucks!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#2]
None, I'm holding off and buying a SA M7 and SLR 105 this year..No more builds or kits for me..
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
My Russian T3 build.

Its a kit from SG.  Really nice, just not matching numbers.  No big deal.

The wood was refinised by z_recto.. it looks unbelieveable.

Receiver is an SLR-100H.  I should be getting it back soon from Tom Sawyer Mfg with Russian selector marks, full auto selector notch, and the triangle/arrow arsenal mark (whatever its called).

Once I get that back it goes to IGF for assembly.  Then off to -Duke-Nukem- and the guys at missouri custom armament for some hot bluing.

Its funny.. I bought this kit to build a rifle that would be my shooter.  I don't think I'll shoot it all that much, it'll be far too nice
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think I'll be thinning the herd to acquire a few things I've really wanted... a real HK94 and an FNC.

cool ...ya going to sell that nize UZI  ... I'm still looking.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My Russian T3 build.

Its a kit from SG.  Really nice, just not matching numbers.  No big deal.

The wood was refinised by z_recto.. it looks unbelieveable.

Receiver is an SLR-100H.  I should be getting it back soon from Tom Sawyer Mfg with Russian selector marks, full auto selector notch, and the triangle/arrow arsenal mark (whatever its called).

Once I get that back it goes to IGF for assembly.  Then off to -Duke-Nukem- and the guys at missouri custom armament for some hot bluing.

Its funny.. I bought this kit to build a rifle that would be my shooter.  I don't think I'll shoot it all that much, it'll be far too nice

I have t3 I'm also working on.  How much for the markings from Sawyer? Can you post a pic of your furniture?  Would love to see it.  Stottman is tracking me down so nice t3 hand guards.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are a bunch of pics he took of my stuff while he was working on it.  It was in pretty bad shape and he made it awesome.  He had to replace the top handguard because mine was took dicked up.  

photobucket.com/albums/v43/cmepw/T3%20restoration/

As far as engraving here is what they emailed me:

Selector markings run $25
Full Auto selector notch $10
Engraving the trunion including the arsenal mark runs $45
Return shipping is $10

I wish I had them engrave the entire serial number and all from the kit on my rec instead of just the arsenal mark.. oh well no big deal.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think I'll be thinning the herd to acquire a few things I've really wanted... a real HK94 and an FNC.

Didn't you buy one yet?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#8]
1 romanian AKM-waiting on GT receiver

Possible Tantal Build

Rebuild/refinish 1944 M1 Garand

Finish my aquarium.

Gain weight

Find a girlfriend

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Yugo and a Romy in pieces right now, but am kinda stalled out on the builds.  I finally broke down and ordered a FAL kit today (late to the parade on that - I know!) and that build will likely grab most of my attention, and push everything else to the side.  I also have quite a few other AK kits on hand, but the builds on those will likely wait until this summer or beyond.  

Now that I think about it, I've mostly been reloading, and tying flies for fishing this coming summer.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:41:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Projects.....mnnnnn, some small stuff like repairing a POSP 6x24 scope. Making my AKS74 matchready (siderail and RSA set). And because I've got my hand fractured yesterday I wont be shooting much of anything soon thus scrounging the barren wastelands for 5,45x39 and buying up stocks of 7,62x39.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:38:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a Norinco NMH91 that yearns to become a RPK replica.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here are a bunch of pics he took of my stuff while he was working on it.  It was in pretty bad shape and he made it awesome.  He had to replace the top handguard because mine was took dicked up.  

photobucket.com/albums/v43/cmepw/T3%20restoration/

As far as engraving here is what they emailed me:

Selector markings run $25
Full Auto selector notch $10
Engraving the trunion including the arsenal mark runs $45
Return shipping is $10

I wish I had them engrave the entire serial number and all from the kit on my rec instead of just the arsenal mark.. oh well no big deal.

... Man does that look FANTASTIC.  Absolutely FANTASTIC.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$1,500 and its your's!  Such a deal for my friends on the AK side of the forums... lol

damn.    ....  does that include a reach around?  lol ...  Honestly, that's the only prices i've seen lately.  You got a nice deal.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#17]
RS39,
 What receiver are you using on your Yugo build? I have a fixed stock Yugo kit that I want to have built, but I can't find a suitable receiver. That is the only thing on my "to do" list this winter, besides breaking in my new Saiga-12, that Tromix just converted!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:  ... Man does that look FANTASTIC.  Absolutely FANTASTIC.

He did a great job on it.  I can't wait to get this sucker built.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Romy and Yugo RPKs on the way.......why buy an RPK74 when you can buy two RPK47s and another carbine kit at the same price?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#22]
FOUR different RPK's but I'm waiting on receivers and a 74 trunnion from K-Var. That means I *hope* they'll be winter projects.   Also several other "authentic" builds if GT would EVER ship me the rest of my friggin' receivers!!!!!!

And luckily my bead/sand blaster is INSIDE the shop!!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
FOUR different RPK's but I'm waiting on receivers and a 74 trunnion from K-Var. That means I *hope* they'll be winter projects.   Also several other "authentic" builds if GT would EVER ship me the rest of my friggin' receivers!!!!!!

And luckily my bead/sand blaster is INSIDE the shop!!  

hell, I thought my ROMY RPK47 was going to be a FALL project  ... Guess I thought wrong.  Actually, Not one of my fall projects turned out (RPK47, AK74S, Imbel FAL, & a G1 Fal) All are at builders STILL.  The building industry must be real good these days . Dang.. Actually, the RPK is still waiting for a sweet DCI receiver.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top