Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2006 2:39:24 PM EDT
OK-I give up-how do you reinstall the safety lever?

I removed it to park my gun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody? Please???
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
While holding it in the VERTICAL position, slide it into the frame hole from the right to the left until the little shaft is through the left side hole and the larger "projection" is "nestled" into the right side hole. Start to rotate it forward and down a little bit and as soon as you get to about say 10º ~ 15º off the vertical start to flex it outwards a little (it won't pop out) to the right so it doesn't scrape all your new park and whatever other finish you have off the right side of the receiver. Simply rotate all the way down and into position. HAZZA! All done.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummmm. . . .what about the hammer and disconnector that are in the way!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
While rotating the selector forward and down and flexing it to the right..........pull the trigger. The worst that will happen is that it may snag the hammer/trigger spring and pull it back off the trigger but you can just pop that back onto the trigger leg once the selector's back "home". If pulling the trigger doesn't give you enough clearance then the selector needs to be modified on the ol' grinder to clear the top of the selector. Got it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
OK Tomovich-I was thinking about grinding on the top of the selector where it binds up on the disconnector-but if this came out without grinding, shouldn't it go back the same way????
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
what kind of FCG? is this a full auto selector?  if it's a G2 FCG it should clear any selector.  if it doesn't clear you'll need to install the selector first then the FCG, but depending on what you use to keep the pins in that might now work.

most post ban guns have a notch cut in the selector so they clear the FCG no matter what and can't be used in a full auto gun, sounds like you may have to do this to yours
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Rotate it backwards and pull it out slightly over the rivets and selecter stop and be careful not to scratch your park job...
OR
Notch the selector with a Dremel so it goes past the tang on the disconnector ...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top