Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2006 2:31:57 PM EDT
I have a SAR1, bought it in 2004 and  recently removed from box and cleaned.  Never fired it, until yesterday. The front sight is STUCK and will not move.  Went home.  Shot some bolt loosener in there.   Waited...waited some more...still wouldnt move.  Got the torch out, heated up the front sight...............still wont move.  What should I try next??????
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Let it soak, turn it till it breaks then drill it low enough to push the windage adjustment out and replace them both.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
 Which part of the sight won't move?  The sight post itself or the cylindrical windage drum the post is screwed into?  And what are you trying to move it with?  If you are using the C-clamp type tool on the windage drum make sure the hole in the tool is large enough to accept the windage drum.  File out the tool if need be.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a similar problem.  Remove the sight post.  Then position the FSB on a block of wood with a hole for the cylinder.  Then, you'll need a very large, very sturdy punch with a large, blunt end as close to the diameter of the cylinder as you can get.  Use as heavy a hammer as you have.  You're going to have to really smack it to finally get it to move.  Soaking in penetrating oil or Kroil first helps.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top