Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:49:52 PM EDT
I was just curios, I want to build one.

Im on my second build with no issues and would like to build a side folder, but im worried about cutting the stock for the side folder.

If anyone know who sell let me know as im sure there are other people that would be interested.

I could just buy one, but after building my own I dont think I will ever buy a pre made AK again.

FREE
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Just the Russians thus far.

I was looking earlier. Most folks laughed at me.....lol

Gotta cut the receiver
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
i asked a few times. Supposedly ORf offers a ready to go version. There also was a guy in nevada offering some made out of Vulcan recievers but don't know what happened to him.

I already have one built on a OOW so I want to use something different.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Does ORF have any links, or persons on-site that have purchased one?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The Firing Line has this one.

www.firinglineoklahoma.com/pages/15/index.htm

AK74 Sidefold Receiver

AK 74 Milled Sidefold Receiver

Caliber: 5.45x39, 5.56, or .223  

Requires: Sidefolding stock and press & Pin Barrel.

Comes in the White (unfinished)

ONLY $469.95 (plus $15.00 s/h to your FFL)

You can have them make it black for you for about $25.00 I think.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
So if I use a matched barrel/bolt will the headspace be correct??

FREE

Quoted:
Nope, I'm afraid not Free.

I've transferred one of those Firing Line receivers for a guy..........that thing is a beautiful piece of steel.  Machining, fit, just perfect.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
It may be beautiful, but $469????

You think they would have least put a trigger guard on it.

FREE

Quoted:
Nope, I'm afraid not Free.

I've transferred one of those Firing Line receivers for a guy..........that thing is a beautiful piece of steel.  Machining, fit, just perfect.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Chris at AK-USA does them/has done them.  He said the installation fee is around $375 though.  But I think this was for an already completed rifle, and to have the rear trunion removed and the sidefolder equipment and hole installed.  You migh ask him how much for a new receiver shipped to him.  Might be less.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Firing Line makes such kickass receivers and they finally moved the eagle to the bottom but then they leave their markings in the groove, to me it just looks kinda crappy there ...

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top