Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 10:50:38 AM EDT
I'm sure this topic has been discussed to death, but I'm looking for some recommondations for an AK74 Tantal gunsmith.  I'd be interested in the best (price not worried about) and the best value (considering time, cost and quality).  I appreciate your help and would request many many pics and contact info!!!!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'd be interested in the best (price not worried about) and the best value (considering time, cost and quality).

I've read that Chris Bulter at AK-USA is the best as far as builds go, but I feel that when you factor in his price, it's just not reasonable for what you get. I've had my builds done by Troy Sellars at In Range because I feel that I get my money's worth.

As an example: I was seeking to have someone do my AK-74M side-folder build and contacted various builders. I would be supplying ALL parts, with the builder only supplying labor and refinish. We'll just use the two builders mentioned above in this example. Chris wanted $1125 and Troy wanted $350. I cannot see where Chris' work would be worth $775 more for the same build. Granted, Chris' work looks spectacular and I don't want to take anything away from him. I just don't feel that the "extra" is worth a quarter of a grand more.

Since you stated "best value", I'd say a builder in the middle of the pack would be your best bet. Someone like Troy, Mario, Jayson, etc. You go too cheap or too expensive and you may not get your money's worth.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top