Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 2:29:35 PM EDT
Click here

Does anyone have one of these rifles? If so what is the quality? Im looking to pick up a couple of nice midpriced ak's. The only requirements is they must have synthetic furniture, and be reliable. Opinions and comments welcome! thanks

EDIT: instead of making dumb comments, because i apparently dont know ANYTHING about this company, just suggest an alternate rifle that meets my criteria. If i knew this gun or company was junk, do you think i would be posting this???
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Run, quickly. Vulcan=Hesse=Joeken=asshat theifs

Buy a SAR1 and a set of Kvar furniture. Hell, I'll sell you mine for that price.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
how can you seriously consider buying a weapon built by people who claim that they build "the weapons of the special forces"
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
So This is the superior weapon? I looked at them right after i posted the first one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
check out an arsenal or VEPR
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So This is the superior weapon? I looked at them right after i posted the first one.

Much nicer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
how can you seriously consider buying a weapon built by people who claim that they build "the weapons of the special forces"

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]

The V47-200 is a standard AK47 type rifle built on a Russian Stamped receiver

BS
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I own an Arsenal SAM7. I bought it at Bill's in Minnesota I paid like $830 with tax. It is a really nice rifle because the same company machined and built everything so it all fits together very well.  I also have a Vector underfolder AK built on a Polish parts kit and I am real dissapointed with the build quality. The underfolder is a little off so it hits the magazine when you open and close the folding stock and also the front sight is canted.(it's a little off) now I paid $628 for this rifle including paying Vector, shipping from vector, and $25 to my ffl for the transfer. I haven't shot this yet I hope to dump it to somebody for what I paid for it. The problem with a vector is they build the gun with a parts kit and put it on a reciever they have there.  I was reading about the VEPR and I guess it has a really beefed up reciever. PLUS its put together all at the same place so the build quality should be excellent. If you have it shipped from Atlantic to your FFL you might be able to skip state tax like I could in Minnesota so the price should be good. $599+$20S&H?+ $25 to have it sent to your FFL and I think you should be able to have it for under $650 and you have a real good AK. That is what I would do. I think this is what you were looking for. I hope I could be of help man.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

BS

Well.. it is a Saiga conversion, i dont know about standard AK47 but it is on a stamped russian receiver  

(i own one of these, the furniture is crap, but a decent conversion.. wouldnt pay as much as they ask though, i got a decent deal.... 3000+ rounds without cleaning, 1 FTEx bad ammo.)

ETA: wow.. definitely dont pay that much, not 2 months ago they were asking $450 if i remember right. i picked one up at a gunshow for a little over $400 after tax.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:51:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS

Well.. it is a Saiga conversion, i dont know about standard AK47 but it is on a stamped russian receiver  

If its a saiga conversion then the pic doesnt match (it has dimples).
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS

If its a saiga conversion then the pic doesnt match (it has dimples).

Interesting... the pic definitely isnt a Saiga, but my rifle is... i'd call to double check if you plan to order
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top