Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:56:33 AM EDT
Hey guys I need a little help with some stuff for a norinco "hunter" AK. My buddy uses this gun for deer hunting now and this year he wants to do some work on it. It looks to me like the front sight needs to be uncanted, and he wants to add a red dot to it.

I'm looking for a pic of the gun right now but can't find on, but I was thinking ultimak or I could get him one of those railed dust covers as this particular gun has a "lock" on the rear of the dust cover and a pep sight on the rear of the dust cover as well.  But I'm not sure that would be the best way to go right now. I'm thinking low profile for whatever mount becuase he wants to keep use of the irons.

Could you guys give me some ideas not only on mounts and shit but what I can do to it to help a little with acurecy. I don't really see to much of a need to try and accurise it because it's actually a pretty accurate AK with the right ammo, I've seen it do 2.5 inches with handloads at 100 yards and stay at about 3MOA with factory loaded Remington ammo. But my buddy wants to try and wring some more out of it. I'm not going to tell him he isn't going to see better, it won't do no good he won't listen.

Just anything yall might be able to pass along would be great.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top