Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:50:36 PM EDT
Started the build of my beater romy tonight and well. It is going to be a true beater or the best looking akm I have. I spent all of 3 fu@&ing hours getting it taken down. That damn barrel pin almost got the best of me. Press no go, vise no go, hammer no go, broke 5 damn punches. It popped out of the press and hit the ground, also the latch to hold the gas tube got broke some how. Bent the rear sight block also. So much for my mint romy kit not that it actually is worth much. Well I finally got it broke down in more ways than one. I fixed the rear sight block already, just need to fix the latch that holds the gas tube and get a new barrel pin, plus a refinish. I nearly threw that kit across my shop about 10 times after hitting my thumb with a hammer, a few cuts, and several blood blisters.  Just had to vent.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
when its all done, shoot the shit out of it. that will teach it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
No shit, Its getting a case bumped thru it all in drums back to back first time out. Also anybody got a link to a barrel pin and latch for the gas tube? Will this work on the romy kits? I just hate to order it from Kvar because I'll get raped on shipping. I really dont want to have 150 in a 99 romy kit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, you will have to order from K-VAR as you said you didn't want to buy anything from private individuals who bought kits up to make a little money.  They ran the price of kits up, remember.

Romanian kits are actually lower now, though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Heck, just buy another Romy kit, take out the parts you need, and send the rest to me. You'll come out ahead.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Mak get you panties out of a bunch and start acting like a man instead of a kid. I cant believe your still hanging on to that shit hell the worst part is you are following me around like a little lost puppy just to talk shit. Oh and my words were not make a little money it was more like screw and ass rape. So grow up, go to school so you actually understand what someone is saying, and quit trolling posts just to be a ass.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Mak get you panties out of a bunch and start acting like a man instead of a kid. I cant believe your still hanging on to that shit hell the worst part is you are following me around like a little lost puppy just to talk shit. Oh and my words were not make a little money it was more like screw and ass rape. So grow up, go to school so you actually understand what someone is saying, and quit trolling posts just to be a ass.

Following you around? Trolling?  I have posted in 2 threads since October where in a thread you posted that any of us that buy kits and then sell them are scum and assholes who are going to ruin the world of firearms collecting.  

If you have any proof other than those 2 threads that I have harassed you as you say then request that I be banned. Actually, it wasn't harassment, but trying to explain to someone that those who buy kits for profit provide a needed benefit to those who can't afford to buy the items at the time.

In the other thread about Bulgarian mags, I related a true story about a guy who said I was trying to rip him off when I wanted $14.00 for a waffle mag.  He stated that K-VAR had them for $12.00.  I told him to order the $12.00 Mag from K-VAR and pay the $11.00 UPS shipping they charged at the time (still may, I don't know).  Thread

It's funny that now you need a small part and one of those guys who bought out parts kits to make a profit could probably send you the part for about a $1.00 to cover shipping .  I have hooked up a number of guys on this site with small parts at no cost or the cost of shipping.  You?

If you want, post a new thread with a poll. You can title it:

Should MAK BE Banned For Being an ASS to StreetTrends?  I will abide by the memberships decision if banned for picking on you.  

By the way,  I did go to school, have the college degree to prove it.  Have the Honorable Discharge from the USMC, also.  19+ years in the DOJ also.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
how in the hell did you manage to bend the rear sight block?  get a smaller hammer dude
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Well Mak, Its funny that you remember the posts that I was talking about. It always involves me wondering where to get something at the best price. And I guess all that school just didn't pay off. You can read back over those threads and nowhere in them does it state that you are scum or an ass. I said someone that is out to FUCK SOMEONE ELSE. Like buying a 25$ drum and selling it for 1000$. "A wrong done to one man is a wrong done to all men." Nice quote. Kinda like screwing one person is like screwing them all.  I never said because you refinish a kit and get more than the others, that you are screwing people. So take your smug comments out of my posts and I will stay out of yours.

ETA: The barrel slipped out of the press and shifted the RSB.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well Mak, Its funny that you remember the posts that I was talking about. It always involves me wondering where to get something at the best price. And I guess all that school just didn't pay off. You can read back over those threads and nowhere in them does it state that you are scum or an ass. I said someone that is out to FUCK SOMEONE ELSE. Like buying a 25$ drum and selling it for 1000$. "A wrong done to one man is a wrong done to all men." Nice quote. Kinda like screwing one person is like screwing them all.  I never said because you refinish a kit and get more than the others, that you are screwing people. So take your smug comments out of my posts and I will stay out of yours.

ETA: The barrel slipped out of the press and shifted the RSB.

I don't have to remember those posts.  Those of us that pony up for a Team Membership have a search function that enables us to search back 3 months on the regular server or search the archives.  Those post were about ready to drop off to the archive.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Buy some 7mm(I think) steel rod so you can cut barrel pins...Comes up pretty often on these romy kits and the 7mm rod works like a champ

You may get to the point where you drill them out just to save the headache....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#12]
honestly if the market will support selling drums at $1000 each, that's economics and the will of the free market my man(oh and I'd be selling my drums and buying a bunch of 40 rounders instead)  

and yes press slips are kinda hazardous.  using a harbor freight one?  I had to use a cheater pipe on my wrench to get that thing tight enough to be somewhat stable, it still kinda scares me when I'm pressing barrel pins out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Well we all know that its a money driven society. What I was getting at is I hate it when people use these bans for extreme profit. It's usually to unexpecting people trying to get in before its to late. Some people will pressure you saying you'll never get this agian at this price etc., just trying to get your money. Not to mention people buying as many kits as they can just to make as much as they can. If everyone wouldn't stock pile now, (and I dont meen a few kits) prices would stay lower and new people would be able to get in and build their own later. I'm sure the ban will eventually work itself out and who knows if people weren't stocking up on kits this may not have effected us as much. One more time, I'm not saying anyones an ass for buying kits and selling them later its just the people selling 700 MAK90's 1000 drums, people like FGW's. Hope thats not hard to understand, I know certian people have difficulties and to those I honestly feel sorry for.

ETA: Thanks for all the help and useful responses.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top