Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:36:20 PM EDT
Did anyone watch this tonight?

Its so full of mis-information by these 'elite' units it made me sick to my stomach. They first showed an SAR-1 and called it an AK-47, stated it was capable of 600 rounds per minute, and proceeded to shoot watermelons and bricks with it and explain that it was a terrorists favorite and available here for $200.

Then they did a bust and said the suspect was known the have an "AK-47 for a 50 round BANANA clip" which turned out to be an SKS in a black plastic stock with a detachable 30 round magazine. They were happy about the confiscation, and genuinely thought they had the elusive AK in their hands.

This show made me sick, I dont recommend anyone watch it except for a chuckle or two.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn! I TiVo'ed that show too...

If they show a SAR-1 and make a big stink about it then I'm going to save it and show it to the in-laws who dislike my firearm purchase (A SAR-1 that is...)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you see that cop shoot a full auto AK at the cement blocks at like 30 yards? He missesd with half of the 30 rounds. Also no way I would stand that close, incase of a ricochet.  I had to turn it off after they confiscated a mac-11 and then showed a video clip o f a full auto Glock 33 or whatever it is shooting pumkins. Lies, Lies, LIES!

Edit, when they confiscated the SKS sporter, that was hilarious. They acted like they were taking down the kingpins of the illegal gun trade. They found a mac-11?, sporter SKS, and a pump shotgun. The would estimate the value of these guns at like $500.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
(cops on the show) Hay boys we on tv today so make every thing action packed and over dramatized(cops on the show)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember one episode of COPS where they took a lever action rifle and the officer said "definitely a 9mm"    I work for a large LE agency, half the guys barely know which end the bullets come out of.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have cable anymore....but I kept hearing commercials for the show on radio.  The tagline of "when people need help they call the police, when the police need help they call SWAT" was enough to know it was gonna be a joke. That plus they talked about AKs in a bust.

Sigh.....I'm sure they'll use the series as a training requirement over at the DU.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Y'all should like this clip of gun safety by a DEA officer in a kid's classroom w/ a little surprise!
whoops
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:51:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Y'all should like this clip of gun safety by a DEA officer in a kid's classroom w/ a little surprise!
whoops

You're new...you'll be forgiven....but that guy is not "the only one professunial enuf to use da fotay!"

That video has been beat to death here.  

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Ah my mistake, yes I was unaware.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:25:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting.  Court TV has Texas SWAT.  A&E has Dallas SWAT.  They both premiered on the same week.

I watched Dallas SWAT to see if it was going to be any good (I didn' t know about Court TV show).  I didn't like the over dramatization.  I did like the "characters" though.  At first it seemed more like COPS with snazzier graphics and a bit more specialized beat, but it was just good enough I'll watch a few more episodes before I make a final verdict.  It could go either way for me.  No Emmy nomination for sure.  The best part was the subsegment on the International SWAT competition.  Made me wish they made another season of that reality show Combat (I think that was the name).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:59:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 I had to turn it off after they confiscated a mac-11 and then showed a video clip o f a full auto Glock 33 or whatever it is shooting pumkins. Lies, Lies, LIES!.

HaHaHa I noticed the same thing.

Although I did notice they stated "illegal weapons" more than 4-5 times. Gotta give em props for that.

The best was when they were worried about 2 pitbulls inside the residence. Once they breached the door the dog came barreling out. It then ran into their van scared shitless. Too bad the couldn't preform their textbook "shoot the dog first tactic". I guess they wouldn't show it due to fear of the PETA crowd.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The best was when they were worried about 2 pitbulls inside the residence. Once they breached the door the dog came barreling out. It then ran into their van scared shitless. Too bad the couldn't preform their textbook "shoot the dog first tactic". I guess they wouldn't show it due to fear of the PETA crowd.

Almost forgot about that. They called them 'attack dogs' and the damned thing tucked tail and hid in a corner.

They actually had to cut the suspect LOOSE to remove the dog from their own vehicle. Pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#12]
My dad wanted to watch "COPs", then this show came on and I was to lazy to change the channel, it quickly proved to pure anti-gun propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Did you see that cop shoot a full auto AK at the cement blocks at like 30 yards? He missesd with half of the 30 rounds. Also no way I would stand that close, incase of a ricochet.  I had to turn it off after they confiscated a mac-11 and then showed a video clip o f a full auto Glock 33 or whatever it is shooting pumkins. Lies, Lies, LIES!

it's a Glock 18......in fact.....MY GLOCK 18!  yes i let Austin SWAT shoot it for the filming of this series.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's a Glock 18......in fact.....MY GLOCK 18!  yes i let Austin SWAT shoot it for the filming of this series.  

Really?  Too cool.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#15]
bushwacker,

if you want you can see a video clip off my website here, of my friend (who is on ARFCOM as well.....his username is DoctorNo or something of that variety) shooting it:

www.spreadfirearms.com/AaronGlock18MagDump.avi

here is IrishFly shooting it:

www.spreadfirearms.com/DamianGlock18MagDump.avi

both are 33 round magazine dumps.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I loved how they said the AK47 AND SKS can shoot 600rds a minute.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't this series out of Dallas?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
whoops

You're new...you'll be forgiven....but that guy is not "the only one professunial enuf to use da fotay!"

That video has been beat to death here.  

No Expert

You need to also remember alot of us don't ever go to the General Discussions forum,its the first time I saw it,thanks for posting dermofo!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't this series out of Dallas?

Majority of it is, but there also Irving, Austin, etc.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm watching it now... man, they sound like they got their cue cards from SweinStein herself.

They talk a lot about the "evilness" of the AK.

I'm not sure I can watch this one all the way through. Fucking hypocrites.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I, work for the local Sheriff's Office in my county. I can say that out of the thirty or so full time Deputies we have, probably three of us have good firearms knowledge and the rest are limited to only knowing about their duty sidearm and shotgun.  Some of the guys are not that proficient with their duty weapons.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#22]
They say "it is known for it's reliability and power" (or something close to that), I thought, "gee, why aren't the cops useing AKs if they are sooooooooo much better than anything else?" (they insinuated that if one BG had an AK he could kill the whole SWAT team because their ARs/M16s are powerles compared to it.)

Quoted:
I'm watching it now... man, they sound like they got their cue cards from SweinStein herself.

They talk a lot about the "evilness" of the AK.

I'm not sure I can watch this one all the way through. Fucking hypocrites.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#23]
i also like the part where they busted into some guys truck or something but it was the wrong guy who was not dealing  

anyone got a link to buy those elusive  50 rd banana clips?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Could you actually shoot 600 rounds through an AK barrel in a minute before the barrel melted or the weaon's headspace changed?

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Could you actually shoot 600 rounds through an AK barrel in a minute before the barrel melted or the weaon's headspace changed?

not on an ak

....but the sks with the 600rd banana clip, that's a whole nother story
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I, work for the local Sheriff's Office in my county. I can say that out of the thirty or so full time Deputies we have, probably three of us have good firearms knowledge and the rest are limited to only knowing about their duty sidearm and shotgun.  Some of the guys are not that proficient with their duty weapons.

that just bumped up my confidence in LE.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

most i have ever got was 8 mags bump firing shouldered. It was bleeding them out faster than 600rpm too . Thank god for my middle finger and 2 pound triggers :) that would be 240 rounds per minute.   Barrel was red HOT! the 600 RPM would be the feed cycle estimated if it was constantly feed. Clip changes take longer than you think.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#28]

that just bumped up my confidence in LE. have
Rmember....the only reason I carry a pistol is to be able to fight my way to my rifle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top