Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2006 3:17:05 PM EDT
Anybody have any suggestions on  remove buttstock?  I've been prying on it but, don't want to chip it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds crazy, go to your bed, find pillow raise gun up like sword and start beating the pillow against the bed, you will freak out anybody around but it works.

trust me. i have lossen the hardest stock. its also a great stress releiver, if you picture the pillow being your boss or some one you hate

Ronald
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
smack it with a motion directed away from the receiver on all four sides of the stock near the receiver while rotating
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If you remove the spring and bolt, you should see a round area that you can pry against built into the rear trunion....the pillowcase works too!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, WASR buttstocks are stuffed in there pretty tight, but they will come out.

Be sure to remove BOTH stock screws FIRST.  If I remember right, one is under the receiver cover.  

I do my "convincing" on the surface that is on the receiver end, the most forward part that is the flat side inside.  Put something on this surface like a small block of wood and then pound the stock out against the block of wood with the longest punch you've got.  Angle the punch almost parellel to the receiver near where the REMOVED receiver cover should be.  I have done this and avoided any damage to the wood.  Even if it did ding a little, you wouldn't damage it where it would show.

Take your time and use moderate force...once it moves a little you can work it out the rest of the way by hand.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
pull harder
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
pull harder

I'm gonna quit for a few minutes. My hands are sore from beating on this stupid thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pull harder

I'm gonna quit for a few minutes. My hands are sore from beating on this stupid thing.

Mine was a real bitch too but it came lose after some beating.
I've found that hitting the bottom of the stock (mainly) gave me the best results.

- Ice

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Remove both screws first, then whack it from different angles with a rubber mallet.
You won't really damage your stock that way.
my .02
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I have used Selectfire's method with good results.  Or after you take out both screws use a piece of wood that will fit inside the receiver, put it against the stock part you can see in the receiver and start to whack with rubber mallet, driving stock out of receiver.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I used a big screwdriver in that hole.  Take the rifle apart and you'll see what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#11]
socket extension and hammer. hit hard. repeat. comes out pretty easy comparitively
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I used a big screwdriver in that hole.  Take the rifle apart and you'll see what I mean.

Agreed.  If it has the rear tang with the big hole in it like most Romanians you can just pry the buttstock out with a big screwdriver.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#13]
In my WASR experience, just shoot it and it will eventually loosen up and fall off...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks guys, I tried that and it worked like a charm.  That sucker was tight.  I ended up taking a couple of pennies and put on the stock inside the reciever and got a giant screwdriver and beat it with a hammer.  No stock can say no to the 3 pound hammer.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#16]
2 man job.  Someone pulls the rifle away while the other hits the stock with a RUBBER mallot on both sides while pulling the opposite direction.  Took about 5 seconds and the stock is undamaged.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top