Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:41:39 AM EDT
So I just purchased my first AK yesterday.  It's a vulcan arms model 47.  Can someone find me some more information on this rifle.  This rifle was built during the ban period, because the stock doesn't appear to fold, does anyone have a solution for this.  Just curious.  I got the rifle at a good price, so I couldn't pass it up.  Here's some pictures of it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
It was built from a Hungarian AMD-65 kit.  

Is there a slotted button on the bottom at the rear of the receiver?  If so, that's the latch for the stock.  Push it up.  If it doesn't let it fold, pop the top cover off the receiver and see if there's a little wedge down in the rear trunnion.  The button should push that wedge up enough for the stock to fold and then it goes back down to hold it in the folded position.  Sometimes, that screw (the button) gets too tight and the wedge doesn't move up enough to allow it to fold.  You might have to loosen it a little.

If you don;t have the button, you can probably get a latch assembly, drill a hole and make it a folder as long as the stock isn't welded open.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]
dont dig up info you wont like what you find

if you can find someone in your area to help you heat treat the ejector
do so

looks like a vary nice rifle
have fun with her

BTW dont forget to give her a sexy name
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Give me a shout if you want to shoot it this weekend.  I'm probably headed for the range on Saturday.  

What range are you hitting, I'm working 8p-4am the night before so I'd be up for it.  Let me know time/place.  Maybe you can school me a bit on this new weapon.

Thanks for the info guys.  I clearly have some research to do on disassembly/cleaning/accessories.  Thanks again guys.  I got the gun for $220.  Which I thought was a pretty good price.  I bought it more as a collector only because my dad had a similar weapon when he was in the hungarian army at the age of 19.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It was built from a Hungarian AMD-65 kit.  

Is there a slotted button on the bottom at the rear of the receiver?  If so, that's the latch for the stock.  Push it up.  If it doesn't let it fold, pop the top cover off the receiver and see if there's a little wedge down in the rear trunnion.  The button should push that wedge up enough for the stock to fold and then it goes back down to hold it in the folded position.  Sometimes, that screw (the button) gets too tight and the wedge doesn't move up enough to allow it to fold.  You might have to loosen it a little.

If you don;t have the button, you can probably get a latch assembly, drill a hole and make it a folder as long as the stock isn't welded open.

I tried loosening that screw but no dice, I'll put a bit more stank on it later.  That "button" screw doesn't move up and down it appears.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#8]
1pm would be perfect.  I need some schooling for sure....lol.  I'll bring out the AR as well for practice.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
vulcan actually made decent AK receivers.  The real question is who built it up.  It looks pretty decent though.

i know they made a good rec
they just didnt treat them good
fix the ejector and your good to go

the reason i said that was when the ejectors starting going away after 500 rounds
people nitpicked them to death
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
well i shot it today.  Man was it fun.  Didn't jam or anything.  I'm very impressed with it.  I need more practice but for the first time out, I'm really happy w/it
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top