Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:30:20 PM EDT
          So say theoretically that i know someone in Pakistan that has access to a plethora of firearms, both aks and M16s and dragunovs and more.  How can I get the guns that are over there, over here?  [legal methods are preferred]

I have looked at the ATF's websites and restrictions and i am greatly confused.  The way that I kinda understand it is that you can have the guns shipped either to an FFL or a known importer as long as the guns are "legal".  This may or may not be the case.  What I am uncertain of is, if somehow my friend can get his hands on some battle capture weaponry, that are most likely full auto, is there anyway that i could get those over here?  I don't want the full auto feature at all, just the guns.  Any feedback will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
          So say theoretically that i know someone in Pakistan that has access to a plethora of firearms, both aks and M16s and dragunovs and more.  How can I get the guns that are over there, over here?  [legal methods are preferred]

I have looked at the ATF's websites and restrictions and i am greatly confused.  The way that I kinda understand it is that you can have the guns shipped either to an FFL or a known importer as long as the guns are "legal".  This may or may not be the case.  What I am uncertain of is, if somehow my friend can get his hands on some battle capture weaponry, that are most likely full auto, is there anyway that i could get those over here?  I don't want the full auto feature at all, just the guns.  Any feedback will be appreciated.

Compliance parts i.e. U.S. made.  No intact recievers that were MGS or Sears.  Basicly they must be parts kits unless they are handguns and not be named specificly on ban lists.  Pakistani AKs are almost non-existent in the states but litter the middle east.  1968 GCA prohibits foriegn MGs and the section of it you are looking for is 922 and 925 clauses.  Also thier is a tax and stamp of customs or ATF required of importer and they are free to deny it at will.  I suspect unless you are importing 100s it will not be cost effective.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, thats what i feared.  How about something like Dragunovs?  Since they are legal here in the exact same configuration as overseas, i guess there is less issue with importation, but i am sure its still a large hassle.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
No receivers or barrels if they are on the Ban list. All AKs are on the ban list (AK-47 and similar weapons). SVDs are not on the list of exempted weapons for the former Soviet Union and consequently cannot be imported. M16s may not be imported in the US without State Department approval for retransfer.

NFA is NFA. Taking out the 'NFA' bits does not make them compliant. No battle capture or Peshawar specials.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top