Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 9:31:04 PM EDT
Ok I cant find any 5.45 x 39 fmj for sale anywhere on the net.

SG says they will have some in April,  gee only 4 months.

What gives?

Will this be just a one time fluke or a recurring issue with the 5.45?

Opinions?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
"Oh you're full of it-there wil always be tons of 5.45 around!"  Yeah, right.  

That's would some jerk-off told me a few months ago.

I would sell your 5.45 gun ASAP and invest in a few 7.62 X 39mm if I were you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"Oh you're full of it-there wil always be tons of 5.45 around!"  Yeah, right.  

That's would some jerk-off told me a few months ago.

I would sell your 5.45 gun ASAP and invest in a few 7.62 X 39mm if I were you.

Yeah, because theres so much 7.62x39 around right now.......
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:45:51 AM EDT
[#3]
5.45 is always in short supply. It has become very popular lately, so the suppliers have been selling out all the time.

I get mine from sportmansguide mostly. They usually have it. I ordered some a few weeks ago, and they say they will ship it next week. I suspect that many people have been ordering it from them lately. That's why they are getting later shipping dates.

It won't be going out of production any time soon. Wolf knows that they have a huge customer base here, and won't want to give that up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
The only reason there is a shortage now is because everybody and there mother bought 5.45 parts kits and built guns out of em..
Back a few years ago no one really had  74 clones,  so 5.45 was cheap and plentiful. I was buying cases for $75 bucks all day long.( I'm glad I bought a bunch )

With the influx of 5.45 builds it  just overwhelmed the market..I bet right now "Ole Ivan is paddling as fast as he can to meet the demand and get that check....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#5]
it will always be here (5.45 supply) as long as there's a market for it.  I've had my 74 now since the summer and I've seen two shortages, then resupplies, where everyone had some instock.  right now, everyone's out, give it a few weeks or a month or so, you'll see it again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:14:35 AM EDT
[#6]
This shortage always seems to happen about the same time every year.    The price of a case of 5.45 is up about 30% since 2-3 years ago.  I'm with Jicky...bunch of $75 cases - I waish I would have bought more. Live and learn
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
5.45 is always in short supply. It has become very popular lately, so the suppliers have been selling out all the time.

I get mine from sportmansguide mostly. They usually have it. I ordered some a few weeks ago, and they say they will ship it next week. I suspect that many people have been ordering it from them lately. That's why they are getting later shipping dates.

It won't be going out of production any time soon. Wolf knows that they have a huge customer base here, and won't want to give that up.

Don't hold your breath waiting on SG to get your ammo to you. I ordered a case of FMJs in 5.45 late Nov. I get the same email every week. "We'll ship it out next week. ". "Sorry due to avalibility on the type of ammo you ordered we expect ammo to ship this date XXXX".
It's be pushed back sooo far now I don't even care to look.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This shortage always seems to happen about the same time every year.    The price of a case of 5.45 is up about 30% since 2-3 years ago.  I'm with Jicky...bunch of $75 cases - I waish I would have bought more. Live and learn

You are sporting a Colt avator now?????  Traitor!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't hold your breath waiting on SG to get your ammo to you. I ordered a case of FMJs in 5.45 late Nov. I get the same email every week. "We'll ship it out next week. ". "Sorry due to avalibility on the type of ammo you ordered we expect ammo to ship this date XXXX".
It's be pushed back sooo far now I don't even care to look.

I actually will be getting this ammo. I always get it when they tell me. I have the UPS Tracking #.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top