Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:37:29 PM EDT
A friend wants to sell me his Chinese post-ban RPK. I forgot what they're called (NHM-91?). It has a 20" barrel and an attached bipod. All it should need is a correct stock set and an RPK flash hider. If I use a U.S.-made flash hider, FCG, and stock set, will I be legal? But the difficult part is the stock. Anyone make one in the U.S.? (preferably laminate, but solid or even plastic '74 style would be ok)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
www.soupbowl.kalashnikov.guns.ru/Page4.html

iron wood designs probably does too......there java doesn't work on my computer though
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the middle of building the same thing right now out of a NMH91. I ordered my RPK wood from these guys:
www.interordnance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=INTERORDNANCE.com&Product_Code=RPK2000
However the parts are not US made.You can do what I'm doing.
Replace the FCG with a G2(3 parts)
US gas piston in bolt carrier(1 part)
US pistol grip(1 part)
US made muzzle device.
I plan on using a drum mag but all my steel mags have US floorplates and followers. That would give you more US parts. So you don't have to have American furniture.
Anymore questions let me know I'm still working on mine.
Chris_1522 let me know if you find a good FH/BRK that's US made.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
My NHM-91 with Soupbowl Kit.

Added the aftermarket bipod and silver-soldered on a Bushmaster Ak-74-style break.  Shoots great (for an AK).
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it. Looks good.
I'm working on the cleaning rod fitment right now
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Great, thanks for the info. Both look like quality options. Do the NHM-91s have side scope mounts?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine didn't.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]
No mount.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#8]
With the fire control, you can just add a US made grip..

If you want a exact US made copy of the Russian laminate grip, contact "Z-recto"-

[email protected]

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are using a stamped receiver and no foreign muzzle device, you need 5 US parts.  With foreign muzzle device, 6 US parts.

Milled receivers only need 4 US parts if you are not using a foreign muzzle device.

Update:  Just got my Interordnanace RPK stock set and it's sweet.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top