Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:55:44 AM EDT
I just got a like-new SAR3 that came with a few Weiger mags and some bakelites. Unfortunately, the bakelites (with stickers that say ".223 only"!) won't even latch in right! They come close, but won't lock in at the back. Anyone know where/how much to file off on a bakelite to make them work in a SAR3? It appears they already have the .223 followers in them.

FWIW, I have already ordered more Weigers, but I'd like to make these bakelites work if possible.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you tell what's keeping them from latching?  You can file down the locking tab on the mag a bit if that's the problem.  The Romanian guns seem to be sensitive to "big" tabs.  You can also give it a good hard "whack" to lock it in, but it'll need a good hard "whack" to get it out.

I know Bulgarian and Russian '74 mags don't fit real well in my SAR-2 because of the tab, unless they are pretty well used and worn down.  I haven't messed with filing them down just because I have plenty of bakelites that fit no problem.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a little bit reluctant to file the mag latch right now, especially since the Weigers fit so well. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

RS39 - Email sent!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top