Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2006 9:26:12 AM EDT
I have only owned my AK for a few months.  Last nite I was tearing it apart for cleaning and ran into a problem.  How do you get the gas piston off of the bolt carrier?  I tried twisting it both ways, but it would not come out.  Am I missing something obvious?  Thanks for any help! (and any smart-ass cut-downs!)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
It is pinned into place.  You don't really take it off unless you're replacing it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It is pinned into place.  You don't really take it off unless you're replacing it.

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  I'll gladly take this months dipshit award!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It won't be long,there'll be another one along any minute! Kinda reminds me of MauserMark when he first got into AKs,he kept the award for some time!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

nope the dipshit award gos to the guy who riveted in the front trunnion ass backwards
your stuck with the boob award
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top